Past and Present

The episode begins inside April's apartment above her shop. 

Karai lies unconscious on April's bed. April is bandaging the wounds on Karai's leg as the woman starts to come around. "Ah, uh. Father"Karai groans. Her eyes open and she jerks upright. "No! The Shredder is... I-- where am I? You! Am I your prisoner?" she said. 

"No. More like my patient. We weren't too sure if you were gonna make it" April said. "You saved me?"Karai said. She tries to move her legs. "Ah. What--why?"She said. "If it were up to me, I might not have, "April said. She returns to bandaging Karai's legs. 

"But four guys I care for very, very much and a magical princess seem to think there's something about you that's worth saving. But if you try anything, I'll slam you so fast it'll curl your hair, sister"She said. They stare at each other and then a thumping noise startles them. 

The door bursts open as Casey throws Dr. Chaplin to the floor. "Yo, April. I found this bozo sneaking around back trying to break in"Casey said. Chaplin stands up slowly and then spots Karai. "Oh, mistress, you're all right. We have to get out of here; out of this city," Chaplin said. 

He helps her to stand up and she leans on him. "Maybe even off the planet. The resurrected Shredder has made his move and there doesn't seem to be any way of stopping him" he said. He takes her to the window and they see the pinkish glow of the Tengu Shredder's magic as it moves over the city.

"Things are about to get very bad here," he said. Casey and April join them at the window. The pinkish glow moves slowly over the city. Wherever it touches, the buildings and landscape are transformed into a nightmarish version of Feudal Japan.
🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢
At the turtles' Reservior Station Liar, the turtles are all kneeling before Splinter, and the Ancient One sits behind them.

"My sons, terrible nightmares have plagued me for some time now," Splinter said. "Ooh, is it the one where you have a killer math test and you show up late, and you're not wearing your shell?"Mikey said. The Ancient One slaps the back of his head. "Ow!" he said. 

"Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and be you, "Ancient One said. "In the dream, it is always night, the coldest night I have ever felt, "Spinter said. He closes his eyes and scenes from his dream play.

"The Shredder rides a demon horse through a twisted wood somewhere in ancient Japan. We are his prey. In the face of his might, we can only run"

In the dream, the turtles are struck down by Shredder.

"I am helpless to stop him as he slays each one of you, my sons. As he comes for me, my Master Yoshi appears"

Yoshi holds a hand out toward him. "Master Yoshi?"Splinter said.

"But before he can act, the Shredder attacks and..."

He opens his eyes. "I had hoped the dreams would stop, but instead, they are getting worse" Splinter said. "The dream's in Japan, right? Well, this is New York City. So it's all good, right? Right?"Mikey said. Leo answers his shell cell.

"Hey, April, everything okay?"Leo said. "No, Leo, it's not. Better get over here right away" April said. The turtles, Splinter, and the Ancient One drive towards April's in the New Battle Shell, which is disguised as a moving truck. Leo spots something ahead of them.

"What the shell is that?"Leo said. The magic overtaking the city crawls towards them. "It is the end of life as we know it. The Shredder's dark magic is enveloping the city. Quickly, we must get to April's"Splinter said. "Hit it, Donny, "Leo said.