Notes From The Underground Part 3

The mindless mutants draw closer to us.

"Donnie! No! No! Donnie? Donnie!"Raph yells as he checks. "Raph, get away from there!"Leo said then I did a couple of flips. "Screaming in this empty place is going to do nothing"I whisper. He places his hand on my hand. "Wha--?"He said then push me down. 

I yelp then look at him. "Why did you do that?"I said but I caught him staring at me. "What are you looking at?"I said. He shook his head then got up. Was there something on my hair? I shook my head, in case I got something on my hair. I noticed the Spider creature vanishes.

"Where it did go?"I said. Two more disappear. "Razorfist!"I said. "Leo, what the shell's going on?"Mikey said. We keep on watching the creature fighting each other. Quarry runs to help Stonebiter, but a creature knocks Quarry away with its tail. 

Something made Stonebiter disappear. "Stonebiter, no!"Raph said. "Come on you ugly troll, show me what you got, "Mikey said. One of the creature roar at us. "Okay, I'm impressed," he said. We back towards the dark tunnel. "Okay, now what?"I said.

"Come on, whatever's through this door can't be worse than this"Leo said. "I hope those don't become famous last words, Leo," Mikey said as we walk back. "Quarry, go!"Leo said. Quarry ran in and Leo grabs the crystal. The door closes then I sigh.

We heard the monster banging on the door. We turn around and saw another opening. We walk toward it. "Be ready for anything" Leo said. We look and saw a large city in the middle of a river of lava. "We shouldn't be here. This is-- this is a necropolis, a City of the Dead" Quarry said. 

"It is beautiful...kinda, "I said. "You know, if there's one thing that creeps me out more than monster movies, it's a City of the Dead," Mikey said. "We're not leaving. Whatever's haunting this place has made the mistake of snatching one of ours" Leo said. 

"And we'll level this whole city just to get him back," Raph said and he slashes through the tip of a small rock formation with his sais. "Hey, guys. I found a way down there" Leo said. "Don't you always?"Mikey said and we follow Leo. 

We saw a tram which is attached to a crystal cable. The cable is suspended from the rocky cliff, stretches out over the lava, and connects to the city. "Uh, maybe we better find us a different ride," I said as Raph nodded. "What are you talking about? It's fine" Leo said. 

He steps onto the tram's ramp. The tram creaks and shifts. "Okay, maybe not so fine," He said. "Nah, I am not going on it," I said. "Come on, Alison. This is the only way" he said. I shook my head no. "Look, see?" he said. He walks up the ramp and the tram bounces slightly.

"Leo, don't!"Raph said. "There's no way I'm getting in that thing," Mikey said. "It'll hold us," Leo said then he saw the control panel. "And it looks like our crystal will power it," he said. We heard the monsters growling. "Huh?"I said then saw them. We ran inside. 

"Well, what are you waiting for!"Raph said. "Go, go, go!"Mikey said. Leo jams the crystal into the control panel. The entry ramp closes, leaving the monster behind. I sigh then the tram started to shake. One of them jabs one of his giant claws through the roof of the tram. 

The other pounds the roof with his fists and stomps with his foot. Raph pull me close when we heard a snap. "Whoa!"We yell. "Jump, now!"Leo said. Raph carry me as he ran and jump out. I close my eyes. "Princess. You can open your eyes now" He whispered. 

I open my eyes and sigh. "Thank you, "I said. "It was nothing," He said, looking away. A stalagmite cracks and it begins to fall, directly towards where Quarry is standing. I gasp as it fell on Quarry. "Quarry!"Leo said. We ran to the rubble. 

We heard a small noise and saw green acid. Quarry climbs partway out and then spits again, melting more rock. Quarry leaps down to the ground and then looks at us. "We are designed to handle such adversity," He said. We walk into the city. There were more symbols on the wall.