Garbageman

I smile as my family watches me cook over the fire.

I always love to cook for them. After all, they were the ones who thought me how to cook so why not do it for them. "All right! Green, mean, and totally extreme! Booyah!"Mikey said as he skate around. I pour some soup into a bowl. I gave it to my family.

"Ugh! Hey Don, you don't want something that's so gross you don't want to touch it, right?"Raph said. "If it's gonna improve the lair, we can use it," Donnie said. ".MichelangeloWa-hoo!" Mikey said as he skate past them. 

"Why isn't Mikey helping? It's not fair" Raph said. "Raph, would you rather have Mikey happy or Mikey bored?"Donnie said and I giggle. "Ha, ha, ha!"Mikey said as he skate past me. "Right," Raph said. Mikey skates to a stop near a group of men. 

Donatello approaches pushing a cart. "Hey, thanks for the shopping cart, guys," Donnie said. "Hope you found some useful items amid the refuse, my green amphibious friends, "The professor said. "Sure did, Professor," Donnie said. 

"Them guys in the big turtle suits are back," Phil said as I gave him a bowl. "Yup," Ernie said as I gave him a bow. "Ever wonder why they dress up like that?" Phil said. "Nope," Ernie said and I giggle. If they only knew the truth. 

"Here are some things we picked up for you. An undamaged circuit board for you, sir. A near-mint condition comic book for you, my green lad. Last time you said you were collecting them"The professor said, handing them their gift.

"Thanks, Professor," Mikey said. Donnie came with an armload of items.DonatelloHere, we brought some blankets and warm clothes. "They're a little worn, but they should help at night," Donnie said. I help hand them out.

"One man's refuse is another man's treasure. Like my student  You know, there is a theory that we are all recycled"The professor said as he pets my head. "Another theory. That's the fifth one today" Phil said. "Yup," Ernie said.

"The big bang theory says that all matter has been exploding then imploding then exploding again since the beginning of time. Our very molecules are being recycled"The professor said as we look at the night sky. 

"You know, I just finished a book on the Big Bang. I'll bring it by later" Donnie said. "Much obliged, Donatello, much obliged, "Professor said then he look at me. "It is nice to know you are friends with our prize daughter," He said. "Your daughter?"Mikey said. 

"Yeah...Well, I am adopted. Ever since they found me, they see me as their daughter" I said. "Yes. We are proud of how far you came"He said. "Found you? What happens to your parent?"Donnie said. "Hey, are there fewer of you here than usual?"Raph said. 

Thank you for distracting them. "A lot of guys have gone missing lately. Plus it's weird, they don't take their stuff"Phil said. "Yup," Ernie said. "I didn't notice that. I just thought they went to search for food" I said. "I have a theory about that," The professor said. 

"Another one?"Phil said. "There has been talk of a terrifying figure who takes us away in the dead of night. His name is whispered in fear. They call him the garbage man"The professor said. The turtles stare at him then laugh. 

"You almost had me going there, the garbage man. Geez. Gotta roll, guys"Raph said. I glare at them. "Be sure to let me know if your friends show up, or if anyone else disappears"Donnie said. They walk back to the Battle Shell. "Don't worry. I will be on the lookout. Family stick together" I said. 

"You are a treasure. I am glad that you are our daughter...even if we are non-blood-related" He said then hug me. "There is some leftover. Just cover it and re-cook it tomorrow. I will return"I said. I wave goodbye then ran inside the Battle Shell. We drove off.