-

I haven't seen Zayn since we showed up to this stupid party, and that was over three hours ago. I've lost count of how many glasses of champagne I've had. It was getting really hot in this room, and wearing a skintight dress wasn't making it any better. I grabbed my glass and headed outside, letting the cool, brisk, January air ignite my insides.

It was too cold, but it felt so good. Kind of like when you play in the snow, and then run your hands under hot water. It doesn't burn, it just feels nice. That's exactly how this feels, except I'm hot, and the cool air is making me feel better.

"Crowds really aren't your thing either?" Yaser asked, leaning over the railing.

"That, and I don't know anyone here besides Zayn, and I'm surprised you don't like crowds, with Tricia being your wife and all."

"She's big into being the center of attention." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"I hadn't noticed." I laughed, clearing my throat.

"I know it may not seem like it, but she really does mean well." He told me.

"I thought I'd find you out here." Zayn said, saving me from the awkwardness that was to come.

"It was nice talking to you, Skylar." Yaser smiled, patting Zayn on the shoulder and going inside.

"Let's get out of here, yeah?" Zayn said, pulling me inside. "Aren't you having fun?" I asked, taking another sip of my drink. "Not at all, but you must be, you're tipsy." He grinned, taking the glass and setting it onto one of the empty trays.

I went to take a step, and landed wrong on my heels, causing myself to trip. Zayn helped me balance again, while I was laughing extremely hard. "Before we go, there's someone I want you to meet."

"Who?"

"An old friend, I think you'll like her."

"Her?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I had a life before you Sky." He muttered, smiling at the people who were looking at us.

"Yeah well I'm not interested in associating with one of your fuck buddys." I hissed, grabbing another drink.

"It was one time, plus she reminds me a lot of you."

"Gah, stop. I don't want to know."

"You're cute when you're jealous." He smiled, grabbing my hand.

"And you're cute when you're covered in champagne."