Ch. 26 - High-nosed Owl (2)

Start from the beginning

Rumors about this process were circulating around the academy. However, the information mainly came from the writings on the furniture in the children's dormitories. The pieces of furniture in their dormitories were littered with desperate words that retold the painful experience that they went through during this process. This was the reason why all of them felt fear.

The writings could be found on the inside of their closets or on the headboards of their beds. They were densely-packed as they informed their successors about every detail of the process. With such grotesque and highly descriptive explanation, it was only natural that fear started to brew among the students. And this brewing fear has reached its peak right now.

However, there was one person among them who knew better about the pain of this process. And it was none other than Jaiden.

Thanks to his dunce body, undergoing this process was an unconditional necessity for him. Back then, he needed to do this process just to be able to reach the 3rd and 4th Stage. If he actually remained still, he would not be able to break the walls of the 3rd Stage at all. He assumed that he would only be able to reach that level by the time he reached 40~50.

Back then, he had done a lot of crazy things just so he could increase a bit of his strength. From inserting mana stones to injecting high-ranking monsters' refined blood into his body. He did everything. He even went as far as placing a fragment of a dragon's heart, an item that he received from the Imperial Family, in his body.

So if he compared the pain of this simple mana circuit stimulation to the pain that he went through back in his previous life, he could estimate and rank it at the level of a child's prank.

"First, number 1."

"Yes."

"Go in."

Jaiden entered the special room.

Upon entering the room, he saw a huge magic circle as well as other hideous devices that were used for mana circuit stimulation.

"Nice to meet you. Uhm... Don't be too scared. I'm not going to hurt you."

If he was just like the other children, he was sure that he would definitely not be able to hide his fear once he saw those devices. However, Jaiden was not like them. He was already used to these things so he just looked around nonchalantly.

"You're calmer than I thought?"

The question was not made to be answered so he just waited for the doctor to continue his words.

"We'll stimulate your mana circuit today. There are also other choices like inlaying mana stones and another procedure but those need your careful consideration and explicit approval. Please pick one among these."

There were three options listed on the paper that the doctor had given him. The first option was simple. One would only need to stand on top of the magic circle to get their mana circuit stimulated. Then, there was the second option. This was a more painful procedure. In this procedure, they would forcefully inject mana into your body to induce a stronger stimulation in your mana circuit. And finally, there was the third option. This one was considered to be the most painful among all of the procedures. In this procedure, they would temporarily insert small mana stones all over your body. The mana stones would then act as a trigger and explode almost half of the mana in your body. Your mana would continue to explode as long as the mana stone was still on your body. This procedure had the strongest stimulation but it was also accompanied by a great risk. Basically, the higher the level of stimulation, the greater the pain they would experience and the higher the probability of dying.

Because of these factors, most people would choose the first option. Those who were aware of their lacking talents would try to choose the third option but plenty of them would hesitate. The risk of dying was so high that the others would decide to choose other methods instead of this one. There was no use for this once they died. So for those who were desperate, they would normally choose the second option and never the third.