Ch. 21 - Jaiden's Worth (2)

Start from the beginning

"It's possible. And they won't make us do anything that's too dangerous anyway."

Jaiden answered confidently to comfort his nervous contemporaries.

In fact, only those who had reached the 3rd Stage could participate and fight against medium to large troll class monsters.

According to scholars, even knight-level figures could still have a risk of losing their lives if they faced trolls. They had evaluated that only those who had reached the 5th Stage would be able to fight comfortably and safely against them.

Whenever someone heard about trolls, the first and only thing that they would think about was their strong regenerative powers. However, in addition to their monstrous regeneration, they also had an unbelievably thick skin and an unexpectedly good grasp on sorcery. Their grasp on sorcery was the reason why they were able to gain a foothold among the other large monsters like ogres that were good at speculations and cyclops that had good physical abilities.

"Don't be scared. Trolls are nothing."

Jaiden had seen them several times in his previous life and he knew that their current setup was more than enough to kill them. They did not need to be intimidated at all. After all, no matter how clever and sly they were they would still be monsters in the end. As long as they guided them well in their trap then they would be able to kill them without much effort.

'Besides, there's a reason why we need to kill them.'

Jaiden clenched his fists tightly.

This happened back when he was writing his answer to the test that the tactics professor had given him.

[Spread your knowledge about the future.]

Pass on your experience so they can deal with the trolls, one of the most threatening monsters to the Northeast, effectively. The bleak and dark future of the Northeast lies on your hands.

― Upon successful completion, you will be rewarded with a new title.

Jaiden's eyes shook when he saw that he would be able to gain a new title so he immediately filled up his test paper with all of the knowledge and experiences that he had gained in his previous life.

And this was the result of that.

He did not know what kind of title would come out but since the Northeast Command had asked them to do this he could assume that the title leaned on the positive side. And since the effects of the title could be superimposed, there was no harm in gaining more. After all, the more titles that he got, the more effects would be stacked together, the stronger he would become.

Whatever the title was, he was sure that it would definitely result in his gain.

"Everyone, stay focused. From this point forward, we will be in the danger zone."

The children started to become nervous when they heard the words of the rangers guiding them. His words meant that they had now exited the academy's safe zone.

As if to prove the fact that they had entered another zone, living, breathing beings began to emerge from the forest one by one.

The knights immediately responded. They created a huge phalanx that encompassed and covered all sides of the students. It seemed like they were extremely nervous. Even the rangers had rare nervous expressions on their faces. They were veterans so they weren't scared of the trolls. However, they felt nervous since they did not know what would happen with all of the children here.