"Elliott,"

"Introduce yourself," he repeated, his voice getting dangerously low.

"Elliott Evans," he responded.

"Hm. Scott Evans?" His blue eyes narrowed at him and he nodded in surprise.

"You know my Dad?" Lorenzo smirked at the question.

"I know everyone, boy. I'm Lorenzo Vincento," he sat up in his chair, "where are you going with Alison?"

"A birthday party." Elliott promptly said, as though it had been planned. Dad chuckled darkly, his eyes turning to a deeper shade of blue.

His hand swiftly reached for something in his pocket, and Alison gasped as she saw the large, silver gun. It was inscribed with the words 'Lorenzo Vincento' in thin but bold cursive.

He scattered some sharp, matte black bullets on the table, loading them one by one. "Go on."

Elliott had paled, looking extremely uncomfortable. "Actually, Mr. Vincento, I'm taking her on, um, on a date." Well shit. Dad was not a fan of liars, or timid boys. He accepted anything but a weak boy who wasn't able to state his intentions like a man. He'd always warned us not to bring a weak guy into his household, and Alison had done just that.

"Mhm, where?"

"A restaurant Sir, The Buzz,"

Dad continued to load the bullets, and there was a tension at the table as Alison's eyes welled up with tears. Elliott was white as snow, frozen as his eyes followed Dad's movements.

"You have the audacity to lie to me in my house," he pulled the top part of the gun and it clicked loudly, causing everyone to wince. "Are you fucking her, huh? If so much as a false statement leaves your mouth, your parents will come and take your dead body out of my house."

Elliott was shaking as Dad's venomous voice echoed in the room. "I-I, yes."

"For how long?" Dad brought up the gun to his forehead and Elliott looked as though he was going to break down.

"T-Two, two months." His voice was timid, his eyes squinted as Dad pressed the barrel further against his forehead.

"How old are you, Elliott?"

"Seventeen-"

"Are you aware that I can kill you, boy? Don't play any fucking games with me. How dare you-"

"Lorenzo, stop! Oh no," Mom came rushing in with Maya trailing behind her.

"Don't tempt me to pull this trigger, because I will, with no regret." Dad looked thoroughly upset as Sophia held his shoulder. She was the only one who could tame him.

"Baby, come on. Please talk to him without violence, you know how teenagers are,"

"Are you aware that Alison is entertaining this lowlife coward who can barely own up to his actions? I swear this wasn't the way I wanted to raise my girls." He was starting to sound emotional as he lowered the gun and I immediately wrapped my arm around him.

"Daddy, please don't cry." I tried to comfort him and he shook his head.

"Yes Lorenzo. Look, she's growing up, maybe he's the one." Maya said calmly as Alison sobbed furiously.

"I can't even look at you right now- I'm going to bed." Dad abruptly got up, leaving a dead silence in the atmosphere. I sighed deeply, feeling extremely sorry for Dad.

He'd given us all that we'd needed, he'd given us the world. But sometimes we took that for granted. Sometimes we didn't understand what he wanted, we didn't give him what he wanted.