Mary Wollstonecraft born in 1759 and died in 1797. She was London born writer and philosopher who wrote what is now seen as the foundational texts of modern feminism.

Also she was a bit of freak in the sheets but that's not important right now. What is important are her words, her message.Women were not and are not naturally inferior to men but just appeared so because some asshole decided men needed an education more than a woman did.

Crock of bullshit.

Either way point is she made a difference may have not seemed as much when she was alive but her words were immortalized and lived on. It was built on by many others.

"Boss what are you doing?"

I sighed inwardly but didn't turn my gaze away from the busy city below me. Time moved so slowly, or maybe it was fast? I can't remember.

"Thinking about life and it's mysteries ." I answered dryly.

"Sounds depressing." I nearly snorted at Theo's answer. "But before you have inspiration strike you. I have word from one of our contacts. Things have been unsettled as of late and there's lots of talk of war."

This time I did snort, of course there was. War was Earth's favorite pastime like baseball was America's.

"Nothing new then." I replied tonelessly I was tired, I mean I can't say that I'm not depressed but I can't deny that I have tried killing myself , multiple ways over the centuries.

It's clearly been without much success. A bullet to the brain doesn't do much other than hurting like hell, I even entertained the notion of being a creature of the night and staked myself with a wooden stake. It was a mess, hilarious after a while but made quite the mess on my carpet —fun fact it also hurt like a bitch.

Clearly I didn't get pain intolerance as a gift or whatever but the good thing that came out of those little death experiments was that I now have a higher pain threshold than anyone on this planet.

'Yay!'

"It's different this time" oh Theo was still talking, deciding to cut my morose recollection short , I walked away from the glass pane showing me the city "There's plenty of chatter about some space station being built. It's on a larger scale."

Humming I moved to the round oak table in the corner of my glass office and poured myself a drink "Want one?" I offered Theo who stared at me like I wasn't taking him serious. "No? Okay then." I poured the glass half full and brought it up to my red painted lips "So you're talking about a nuclear world wide war?" I chuckled dryly, the situation was far from humorous, if Theo's information could be trusted which 9/10 it was. This was bad , monumentally bad.

"Sounds dreadful." I commented and sipped the 97 year old scotch.

"I was hoping for more. A better reaction like 'oh shit Theo! The world is going to end! We better do something!!'" He gestured, waving his hands wildly in the air doing an awful and inaccurate impersonation of the accent I've taken too which was a mix between British and Greek.Strange but I liked it. The two places I loved more than any and yet here I am in a America, land of the free and whatever shit they're plastering of billboards these days.

"One: I do not sound like that" I raised a finger emphasizing my point with a mock offended expression "Two: what exactly do you expect me to do?"

Theo groaned "Something, we both know you're different, you may have everyone else fooled but I know you're not exactly human. So there's gotta be something you can do."

Well it wasn't like I was hiding the fact that I was different, sometimes I got lost in my own head and spoke of things I shouldn't have been alive to see, World War One etc — did a stint as a doctor then. But yes I wasn't hiding it, humans see what they want to see and they want to see me as a normal human witch above average beauty and wealth beyond compare. Not my problem they think that is it?

"Well you're right I'm not human. Don't really know what I am to be honest. All I know is I woke up three thousand years as I am except naked, lying beneath the scorching sun in the Sahara.

Could be an alien or something else. DNA and genetics has come a long way but it hasn't come so far to explain what I am. All I know is I can't die, a troublesome issue.

And other things that I won't get in at the moment but one of them isn't dissuading world leaders from bombing themselves and everyone else to kingdom come." I shrugged "Nothing I can do." Because it was true , oh how I wished I had the power of compulsion, would make things so much easier— my moral compass has gone a bit skew over the centuries. So I'm not above mind control to help things along.

Theo scoffed "Yeah right." He gave me a look , one that said disappointment, a look that shouldn't have really hurt but it did. In my tiny blueberry of a heart it stung, because out of all 5000 thousand employees I liked Theo best. He was funny, dry and dark humor — humor that I enjoyed.

I sighed because I'm going to regret this , whether it's now or a hundred years from now. I know I'm going to regret it "Get me all the information, everything you can. Hack every single country involved in this. Get me names, rankings and we'll see .." as I trailed off the expression on his face changed, a smile curled up at his lips, a rather smug smile but no less annoying.

"I knew you weren't as apathetic as you appear to be bossling, !" He exclaimed happily before noting everything down on his tab "but I got it. I'll get you those in a couple of hours."

I waved him off and shooed him out of my office "You're lucky I tolerate you Theo." I quipped with a smirk before it fell away as he left the glass office leaving me once again alone with my thoughts. I walked back to my previous perch, the sun was setting as men, women and children scurried along the busy streets of New York City. I finished my drink and shut my honey colored eyes

"Let's hope humans aren't as stupid as I think they are."

••••••••••••

A/N First chapter. Don't know what I'm feeling or how it reads but I hope you'll like it.

First - Lara Larkin isn't human. That much is obvious. She has the same physiology but she's not human.

Later we'll get into what she was and what she is. For now she's a mystery.

Second - she woke up without any real form. Just a formless humanoid bipedal creature. Over time she shifted her body into what she liked. Hence the penis, either way she can mimic a normal woman's anatomy but she doesn't because you know this will be her primary form.

Any others will be temporary.

And lastly lemme know your thoughts and I hope the concepts of heaven and hell doesn't offend anyone😅

🟥🟥🟥🟥IMPORTANT 🟥🟥🟥🟥

Suicide is no joking matter , neither is depression , I apologize for the insensitive nature of this chapter and a few to come but they are not a reflection about how I feel about either of it.