𝗶𝗶. 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 (𝗋𝗈𝗌𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏)

"Tales of the Thorned Rose."

ʚ♡ɞ

ʚɞ

"How could you four possibly ever date those brothers?! Even the fact that they're brothers just shows that evil can be tainted from generation to generation..."

"Come on Jae, you know exactly why we dated them."

"How could you have possibly ever loved that man?! How could you all do such a thing?! And don't even get me started on the fact that Dahyun still loves that son of a b*tch called Taemin!!" Ouch, he really did you like that Dahyun, exposing you like that in the open.

"I really did love him, Jae, so much so that I ignored all of the red flags ." it was hard for me to admit such a proclamation, as I always wanted to believe in the fact that I never did.

"You have terrible taste in men and are horrible at noticing red flags!! Like, what red flags did the oblivious Rose not to notice~~~?" he teased, while I pushed him against his chest, yet he caught my hand in between and pulled it towards his chest. My skin started to flush while he looked at me with indifferent eyes.

"What?" I looked back towards the floor, feeling so guilty for such feelings I had that he would never understand.

We were nothing more but best friends, I had to accept that.

"Nothing," I replied coldly, making the mood turn suddenly, while he still looked at me with those careless eyes.

"Well, what would be an example of me failing to see the most obvious red flag on the planet..." I started to think, HARD. There were just so many situations that could be the perfect example, so many things I had missed.

"Hm...AHA!" as if the light bulb, on the top of my head, had lit up suddenly, the perfect example lit up in my head like a passionate fire.

"Around the time I was starting to become resentful in my choice of dating Taeyong, I had this guy in my class, which I do not know the name of, so don't bother asking."

"Point is, that he was super annoying and loud. He always bothered me by making obvious flirtatious comments about me to other people." I started to get heavy shudders just thinking about the cringy pick-up lines he would say to me.

"Is that the reason why you hate any sort of pickup lines with an absolute burning passion? Not counting the endless pick-up lines used in those dramas you watch all the time." Jae loudly chuckled while he continued to tease me about my obsession with binge-watching any and every single series I could get my hands on.

"Bingo!!" I laughed while he softly pushed me back, chuckling at the fact that he was right.

"Did you make it clear that you weren't interested in him though?"

"Of course I did!! Yet that wouldn't stop him one bit!!"

"What? What did he do to you?" he looked at me with a concerned expression. It felt as if he had immediately jumped to the immediate conclusion that the guy had done something terrible and unforgivable to me when that wasn't the case.

"Oh nothing really, just planted a kiss onto my cheek. Taeyong didn't appreciate that though, as the man the very next day was covered in his blood."

"It was quite the sight." a slight chuckle escaped my lips, reminiscing the stains that grew on his uniform and the blood droplets that fell with each step he would take.

"Well...that doesn't sound so bad, compared to all of the things he has done of course."

"That's because you haven't let me finish, because the literal next day, he was reported to be found dead in an abandoned warehouse." his face slowly started to drop as I maintain a straight face, not letting any of us get to me.

"His toenails were completely cut off by a knife, his genitalia slowly being carved into microscopic pieces and many puncture wounds were dug into his head, towards the point where you could see his brain oozing out from such holes." we were not only dealing with an alleged murderer here but who actually took pleasure in doing what he did and enjoyed doing it slowly.

Maybe the screaming of his victims was like music to his ears.

"The day and time when he was announced to have been killed, I was staying over at Taeyong's house, since he kept insisting me come over."

"I just shook it off as one of many overprotective moments."

"Just to find out that, when he came back home, as he pulled me towards a hug, I noticed that there was a bit of blood on his hands."

"Did you confront him about it?"

"No, no I didn't, because I was just too afraid to even ask, as I thought that if just I wasn't careful enough, I would be next." I heavily sighed as we continued to walk around the park, while he looked at me with a sort of pitiful attitude.

I hated such a face of his.

"Do you know why he made you go to his house in the first place?"

"I believe it's because the warehouse that he had chosen was very close to my house. He knew that I would hear the noise, as my bedroom was specifically right next door to it."

"Around the time that Taeyong had chosen to torture the man, I would have been studying and he knew that if I had heard the noise, I would've investigated and called the police."

"Out of all of the places he could've chosen, why that specific warehouse?" he asked himself in hush tones, yet I decided to answer that question for him, which caught him off guard.

"Probably because it was the closest to his house, Taeyong and I lived close by each other."

"Can you believe that he was never once caught nor deemed as suspicious? That's what makes me feel so paranoid, knowing that he's cable of killing me without anyone else knowing."

"I think he's doing this on purpose, to watch me slowly go towards insanity." I admittedly said, wondering if that very moment was being heard by Taeyong. I just couldn't tell anymore, I couldn't tell the difference between a normal person and another one of his goons.

Jaehyun, with that stupid, pitiful look on his face, pulled me towards a big, tight hug. Digging deeper into his chest, I let out a reassuring sigh.

I needed that.