Chapter 27

"Bruised Together."

"don't forget to vote, comment, and share this chapter!" - nabi

ʚɞ

"What are you even talking about?!" I started to laugh awkwardly, while shyly facing the other side, not even wanting to look at the mess I had created.

"I mean dating in general, stupid." that's when the chances of me ever being with him went completely down the drain.

"Well I mean I wish I could do it but..." I paused for a moment, wondering if I trusted him enough to tell him about Taemin, but I came to the thought that he should be warned about him before anything bad happens.

"But?" he kept waiting for my response since I had left him in the suspense.

"You see...I'm not sure if Bang Chan ever told you, but I and my members all have some...interesting exes who are obsessed with us."

"It get towards the point where he even kills for me, Hyunjin, I don't think dating someone new is an option for me, you know?" he looked at me with the same face that Bang Chan had when Rose told him such news, while I was already used to this, for it was just the truth I had to live with every single day.

"Haven't you tried calling the police?" my blood started to boil as soon as I heard him say such words, hating that specific statement so much that I just could not explain it with words.

It was unfathomable.

"What do you think, Hyunjin?! Do you think I HAVEN'T tried calling the police?!" I thought, wanting to scream those words right into his face, but I stopped myself for once and decided to just give him the benefit of the doubt.

He just didn't know any better.

How would he know us girls lived?

"They don't believe me."

"Has he tried to hurt you?"

"No..." What a f*cking lie, a lie that I just wasn't sure why I have even told.

To protect him from the truth, to not have him worry so much? Wasn't I the one who needed that instead? Why was I giving him such things for him?

I just loved him too much to see him hurt, that's why.

"But he knows I'm an idol, that's not good news for me. I would love to try and date again, but I'm afraid of what my ex will do to my partner. And there's also the obvious, I just started my career, I can't afford that."

"You could just hide it, many people do." I looked at him with an annoyed expression, sighing deeply, for he just couldn't understand and was even slightly getting my hopes up.