Chapter 59

"Why do you keep jumping into conclusions?! I do that!! You're the one that stops me." Well how the tables have turned, Rose. How such roles can quickly change in a blink of an eye.

"Oooh watch out!! He gon take your job!!" joked Dahyun.

"Are you kidding me? You can't seem to notice the way he looks at you, with such eyes that so obviously tell he loves the sh*t out of you? You can't notice the way he slowly moves his arm towards your shoulder, pulling you closer to his chest? You can't take notice of any of that?"

"Don't tell me you just took that as him "just being friendly towards you." You know that can't be true."

She stayed there, silent, feeling like absolute sh*t.

Rose's POV

Honestly, I tried to not get my hopes up, all of this time, for my friend, excusing his actions as him being just that, a friend.

A best friend.

I tried to not take it so seriously, all of the actions he did towards me, because if I did, I'd just be in a position where I really didn't want to be in.

Being in such position, is such a gamble, a gamble that I didn't want to partake in. I couldn't just gamble away such friendship that we had with each other, just because of these feelings that I truly believed would go away like the flu.

But how wrong I truly was, for it never flew away.

Looking towards Chan, not being able to even look at him in the eye, after such embarrassment I had to face, I felt stupid looking right at him, I felt like I was a waste of time, having a lack of progression in my life and having to depend my life on people like Jae.

I was just stuck from were I came from, the least thing I hated was being dependent of someone.

In a sudden instant, I heard a voice who interrupted my thoughts, looking up to face whoever it was, I could see that it was Jae fighting with Chan again.

"You know, I keep trying to understand from where you're coming from, yet I can't seem to understand, Bang Chan."

"That's because you have never been in my shoes."

Jaehyun scoffed at him, making my ears turn towards him, not so patiently waiting for him to speak up.

"What an assumption."

Wait...what? Did he just-

"Say that again please?" asked Dahyun, pulling her ears closer to him, not believing anything he had said, I couldn't believe it either

"Excuse me?" said Chan, no words could explain how stunned and dumbfounded he looked.

"I have been in your shoes, I have cared about her and been with her for years. Do you really want to act like your entitled for her to do your biding?"

"I let my guard off once and then Taeyong happened, I'm not letting that happen again with you."

"Admit it, admit to everyone here then." Chan commanded, grinding his teeth together as he gave him a slight glare.

"Do you really want me to? Fine then." he raised his arms in the air, like if he just been caught stealing, but not giving not even one sort of guilt in his face, nor in his body.

He didn't feel guilty for having such feelings, he didn't feel guilty for doing everything Chan pointed out. He didn't feel guilty of anything, because he doesn't need to feel guilt, or regret. There's better things for him to do, he doesn't like to waste time morning for such thing you already done. Whether that offended Chan or not, he didn't have the time nor empathy to care.

As empathy only brings you down.

"I admit it."

He turned around towards me, having a sly smile on his face, for no apparent reason.

"I like you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

wow wow wow, shortest episode I've done hereeee on Idollll