Chapter 68

FLASHBACK (Narrator's POV)

Sun kept shining down towards the backyard, shining so brightly in fact, that not even the curtains could cover it's vivid light.

Rose covered her eyes with her right hand, squinting at the sudden luminous sun that shined even in the living room.

"I should just drop out...it's not like I'm going to able to handle all the competition and talent everyone else has." she breathed a heavy sigh as she kept playing around alongside the sun with just the palm of her hand.

Thinking and debating about arguably one of the most important things in her life, something that would define her life forever.

Although Rose wasn't exactly sure about what she would be doing with her life, she was sure that this life that she had right now, wasn't the life for her.

Being trapped inside this room, having only the sun to play around with her, this wasn't what she had wanted for herself.

Rose looked at the time and gave out an annoyed sigh, rolling her eyes in disbelief.

It was time for her to work.

"F*ck, why can't I just wake up with a million dollars right next to me?!" she kept contemplating if working this office job was even worth it, even though she already knew the answer for that.

Of course it was, that way she would get out of this room she hated and get away from everything.

She had to work towards that dream.

"You don't need to worry about all of that, you know that I have more than enough money to support you." Taeyong had chimed into Rose's conversation with herself, grabbing and hugging her by the waist, burrowing his head onto her neck.

"Why are you even working in the first place?? Why can't you just stay here, with me??"

"Taeyong, you know I can't do that, I have to work to earn a living." she slowly unraveled herself from his grasp, as he still grabbed her down vigorously.

"But you know damn well that I can give you more than that." as he held her down forcefully, not realizing how much it was hurting her, so badly that tears were preparing to fall down. Taeyong kept mumbling under his breath, as he eagerly and passionately kissed her around her neck.

Until she threw herself towards the couch, breathing heavily and in a panic-like manner.

"How many times do I have to tell you this?! I don't like using you for money!!" Rose knew that if she flaunted too much of his money, other people might have some comments about that, comments that would bite her back later on in life.

He scoffed at that statement, it was like if he had heard that sentence over and over again and surely, Taeyong felt tired of hearing that over and over again.

"And how many times do I have to respond to this?! You aren't f*cking using me for anything." he grabbed onto his hair in frustration while he looked at her with those darken eyes of his.

"I won't become dependent to you." Rose had sworn this promise of hers under her breath, catching Taeyong off guard.

"What did you just say to me?!" hearing his yell caught her off guard, as a small shriek escaped her lips when he came closer to her, pulling her by the hair.

She hated this side of him, so she did everything in her power to not make him show this side of him to her.

But, not anymore, no longer would she hide.

"I don't want to become dependent to you!! Because if I try to leave, I'll be stuck!! All because of you!!" Rose cried, admitting to her true intentions, something that she hadn't done with him for a long time.