Chapter 70

We both walked next to each other in silence, but it wasn't much of an awkward silence, at least not for me. It felt as a sort of ending, a closure to this whole day.

But something felt off, something was still missing.

It wasn't like I had forgotten something on my way there or if I had forgotten about an important piece of information I failed to tell him.

It was more of like I didn't believe or didn't want to believe that it would end like this, in such a sad, boring note. With someone stopping us from doing what we wanted, it didn't feel so fair to me anymore.

Although I wasn't actually sure what I was feeling or why I was feeling it, such emotions wouldn't go away and kept lingering as we got closer and closer to the alleyway

"I had a great time with you, Jae." I stopped in my tracks as I smiled widely towards him, feeling thankful for everything he had done for me.

That was when I heard my name being called from somewhere, when my heart finally stopped. I frantically turned around to see who was calling my name and immediately pushed Jaehyun towards the alleyway

"FELIX?!" he turned around to face me, being as equally shocked as I was.

"ROSE?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" he screamed dramatically, putting his hands in his face, while I.N and Han cheerfully called for my name.

"Hey Rose!! How are you?" I.N brightly smiled as he held Han tightly by the arm, but I was only focused on Felix and his odd timing.

"What's up with you and stalking me?!"

"I'm not stalking you!! We just coincidentally meet a lot!!"

"That's weird...I don't like that." he rolled his eyes at my mistrust towards him, but he shouldn't have blamed me, he was a really weird guy, who would always appear at the worst moment.

"You know...we could've met a lot beforehand, maybe we just didn't noticed!!!"

"Don't say that."

"But what are you doing here all alone? Shouldn't you be with your members or something?" Han worriedly asked, but I could tell that he wasn't worried for me, he was instead worried for Bang Chan.

Sure, the sight of me being in a carnival without my boyfriend and especially not my members, could be weird. As well as my sudden reaction when meeting them and how I pushed Jae away from me.

It would look suspicious.

"No, I'm not alone!! I'm with an old friend, they're just in bathroom!!"

"Oh, okay." I could tell that he didn't really believe my answer, but he knew that he couldn't do anything about it either.

"So what are you three doing here?"

"Us? Oh, we just decided to come here together since we had a day off from work." Han explained, as he cheerfully and tightly held onto the popcorn bag that was in his hands.

"Oh well, I guess I'll just see you around then!!" I quickly threw them a smile and waited for them to leave and as soon as they did, I told Jae that the coast was clear.

"Did you really have to push me so hard?!"

Aby's POV

It felt odd walking all alone in a carnival, usually if I was in a carnival or any place similar, I would be with my members, Dani or maybe even some old friends that decided to meet up again.