Chapter 3

"The Audacity!"

"don't forget to vote, comment and share this chapter!" - nabi

ʚɞ

"Oh!! See!! I told you her name was Rose!!" one of them happily responded as everyone started to complain about how unfair it was, sadly digging into their pockets and giving the happy man their money.

"Did you all call me over to see who won a bet?" these men were incredible, making bets in my name. Calling me over for what? To see if their bets were correct? What a bunch of morons.

They all started to panic as they tried to deny everything all at once.

"No!! Of course not, we wanted to apologize!!" I mildly rolled my eyes, as they kept pleading and begging me to just stay at their table and let them explain, thinking that sitting with them would be the best way to show gratitude.

Like if they were something to be thankful for? Should I have been thanking the gods for giving me such an opportunity to sit next to...them? I didn't think so.

I MEAN, YEA-YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR GETTING A CHANCE TO EVEN GET THE ATTENTION OF STRAYKIDS, LET ALONE HAVE THEM BEG YOU TO STAY AT THEIR TABLE!!!

Their loud voices and pleads dug deep into my brain, they wouldn't shut up at all and dared to keep begging me to just sit down, and at one point, I had to yieldingly comply, although I felt as if I didn't have a choice to make.

Either I would have to deal with it or get no money, and honestly, leaving with no money was not an option for me.

As I silently and reluctantly sat down at their table, acting extremely (although not really) interested in what they wanted to say, they looked at me with those apologetic eyes, or at least that's what I had thought.

For little did I realize that they would be one of the best actors I would ever come across with.

"So, Rose, are you currently dating or interested in anybody?" as soon as the freckled man said those words, I was about to hit him forever even daring to ask such a question, but the odd (well, maybe not so odd) man was one ahead of me, hitting him on the head.

"Felix, that's enough."

"No, no I'm not, my job doesn't allow it nor am I interested in anybody, especially not you." I answered back coldly, giving a short glare to the so-called "Felix".

"Do you think I'm the one who's interested in you?" he short yet brutal answer came back at me while I was trying to process what the f*ck was going on here.

So, he was saying that he wasn't asking the question for himself, but for someone else, yet who could that someone else be? And why were they ordering Felix to come and make him look like an absolute fool, just for a stupid question?

"Your job doesn't allow it?" another asked, his hair getting all over his face. I wondered if he could even see me with all that hair on his face.

"I'm a trainee who's debuting in a week." I wasn't quite sure why I was starting to become so open to them, so quickly. It felt as if they had cast some sort of spell on me, making me feel not so annoyed and nervous by their presence anymore, even with how I would usually react talking to strangers, especially strangers like them.

Immediately once I had revealed my not-so-secretive secret, they all started to clap for me, making me feel overwhelmed and embarrassed.

Those eight men did not understand the word "embarrassing"; They didn't understand why I was hiding in between one of them.

The weird one.

They all looked at me with widened eyes and weird expressions (weirder expressions than the weird guy himself!!)

It felt almost...flattering to see them look at me in such a way. I wasn't sure exactly why or what I was feeling, nevertheless what I had done!!

But as soon as I realized what I did (still not becoming so conscious of what I was dealing with, even with all of the happenings that happened in my life, that made me realize and mature more) I immediately pushed him away, flushing in red.

"Bang Chan...?"

Bang Chan, that was the man's name, the man from who which I was currently hugging to hide my blushed face.