Haunting nightmares

"Venus, you don't know how much closer this just got us to bringing them down" Domenico says. "Yeah, I know. We're gonna have to act quick, Nyx is planning something and who knows what it is" "yeah, I'm gonna start planning as soon as I can, thank you, Venus" "anytime." I hung up the phone and then started signing documents until I decided to FaceTime Eli since I was getting bored and I figured he was out of his meeting.

He picked up and he looked like he was sitting in his office. "Hey" "hey, baby" he says like he was tired and frustrated. "What's wrong?" "Nothing" "something is definitely wrong. Did the meeting not go well?" "No, it didn't" "why, what happened?" "It's just like they don't care about what anybody else has to say and in the end everything gets fucked up because they don't want to listen to other people."

"I know how you feel, they don't care about what anybody else has to say that's why I choose not to put my opinion in at meetings" "I would but if I don't talk they're just gonna ask me why I'm so quiet."

"Eli, sometimes you just have to not give a fuck about what other people have to say and do you" "I know, I try. What are you doing?" "Just signing documents" "me too"  I continued going through the documents and then signing them as I was on the phone with Eli. 

It had went quiet and I could see Eli looking at me through the corner of my eye. I looked up from my papers and at Eli. "What?" I say, smiling. "I can't look at you now? You look beautiful" "I know, you tell me at least ten times everyday."

"I thought it was more than that, guess I'm gonna have to up my game" I laughed and then went back to working. I heard someone knock on Eli's office door and he told them to come in. "Hello mr Romero, I have your files that you asked for" I heard a women say in a flirtatious tone. It caught my attention so I looked up and her body was in the view of the camera. She was wearing a tight fitting dress that showed most of her body and curves.

"Thank you" He said, ignoring her flirty tone and the outfit she was wearing. "She seems lovely"  "she isn't, she's annoying" "fire her then" "she doesn't work for me, she works for Domenico but she's here for today helping him follow up on a mission" "mm" "amore" "yes?"

"Don't worry about her, you know you're the only one I want" "I know. Wanna see something?" "Depends on what it is" "you're gonna like it" I say as I pick my phone up and go to my camera roll. I scrolled until I found the picture of me with a black transparent robe on and then sent it to him. I put my phone back down and waited for him to look at it.

When he got the message he picked his phone up. "Venus..." "yes, Eli?" I say with a smirk on my face. I could see his eyes still analyzing the picture. "Venus, you don't know what you do to me" "oh really?" 

"Elijah, we need you in the conference room, it's urgent" I heard a man say. "Venus, I gotta go, I love you" "ok, I love you too" Eli hung up the phone and then I decided to go see what the recruits were doing.

...

It was kind of late and it had been five hours since I talked to Eli before he had to hang up over something urgent. I was kind of worried because usually he would call me back or text me to update me but he hasn't done any of that so I decided to call him. When he didn't answer I got my stuff so I could go to his base.

He was probably in another meeting so I decided not to call again just incase he was. 

I got to his base and there were no guards at the door so I just put the code in to unlock the door and then went in. I noticed a lot of cars outside before I came in so he mostly likely was in a meeting so I went to the elevator to wait in his office.

As soon as I got to the second floor and stepped out I felt a hard fist go across my face. Before I could act another person kneed me in my stomach making me fall to the ground. Everything was happening too fast and when I was about to get up and fight back someone kicked me in my stomach.