Big day

I woke up and Eli wasn't beside me because it was our wedding day and apparently it's bad luck for us to see each other. When I fully opened my eyes I saw a note sitting on the nightstand beside me. I grabbed it and read it.

I left earlier this morning before you could wake up because you know it's bad luck for us to see each other on our wedding day. I don't know what your dress looks like or what hairstyle you finally decided on but I know that you're going to look gorgeous. I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle today. I love you so much, baby.

Love,

Eli

I remember all those years I didn't know who Eli was but I always saw him at the mafia balls so I went almost every year just to see him because I needed to know more about him. Never would have thought I would be marrying him today.

I smile at the letter and then I put it back down on the night stand just as I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly put a shirt on since I only had a bra on and then I rush down the stairs. When I opened the door I saw my mom standing there smiling. I made my mom the matron of honor since she was the only person I knew who was married and plus I wouldn't want anyone else.

Yulani, Iris, La'Harmony, Alex, Carmen, and Chelsea were my maid of honors. Scotty was the flower girl. Brazee, Weezy, Madison, Tierra, and Willow were the junior made of honors and Eli's little cousin, Jayson who was six years old was going to the ring bearer.

My dad was invited to the wedding but who knows if he was actually gonna show up. Our family knew he was alive now and most of everybody was mad at him for making them go through all of that pain but at some point I understood that he did what he had to do. I would do the same thing if it meant protecting my family.

"Mom!" I hug her and then let her in. "Are you excited?" She asks me. "Yes and no" "what do you mean?" "Mom, you know I hate being the center of attention around a lot of people which is why I didn't want to do the speech at the mafia ball."

"You got through it didn't you?" "Ok but what if I forget my vows or my heel breaks and I fall, or I'm not ready in time or-" "Venus, you always overthink" "because I'm always right" "honey, you're gonna have to calm down, overthinking and worrying about things that haven't happened yet is not gonna help you, breathe."

"Ok" I say trying to stay calm. As soon as we were about to go upstairs the doorbell rang again. I opened it and saw the girls. "Hey, I thought you guys were coming later" "we were but we decided to come earlier" Carmen says. "Ok, come in."

When they came in I noticed Iris wasn't here. "Where's Iris?" "Helping the girls get ready at Damon's house" "oh ok."

"We brought breakfast from ihop if you're hungry" Yulani says. "No, I need to be able to still fit into my dress" "Venus, eating breakfast is not gonna make you gain ten pounds" My mom tells me as we walk up the stairs to my room.

"Better safe than sorry, mom" She just shakes her head and follows me into my room.

"Ok, we need to get your hair right before anything because if we wait until the last minute you won't be ready in time because me and you both know you're gonna take forever to decide" Carmen says. "I want to leave it all down so I can put a flower crown on, it matches my dress" I pick it up off the dresser and show it to them.

It was red and black and it matched perfectly with my dress. "That matches perfectly" My mom says. "Yeah, it does. Ok, sit down" Yulani tells me. I sit down in the chair by my vanity and she started to fix my hair.

My curls were dry and frizzy since I didn't sleep with a scarf on last night so she fixed them up. "Diffuse or air dry?" "Diffuse, this is my wedding day, air drying won't work well" "yeah, you're right."