Sweet nothings

"Visiting hours are over" "I know but I haven't seen her in a month because I've been really busy, please let me see her, I'll be quick" I tell the front desk lady. "You have five minutes" She says in a rude tone but with a sympathetic look on her face. I went through security check and then I went into the area where I saw Alex sitting, reading a book.

When she looked up and saw me a smile appeared on her face. She got up to hug me and I sat down across from her. "It took you long enough to come see me" "I know, I'm sorry, I've been really busy" "Yeah, I know" "so how are you?" "Better" "are you actually better or are you just saying that because they monitor our conversations?" "Even if I was lying I wouldn't be able to tell you" She says, signaling to the cameras that could hear our every word. "But no, I'm actually doing better" "that's really good, Alex."

It got silent for a moment because I didn't know what else to say. "We miss you, Alex" "I miss you guys too. Only one more month left to go if I don't have an episode again.." "have you had anymore episodes while you were here?" "Two, which made my stay longer" "it's ok, Alex. You can do it. You'll get out of here, I promise" "thanks for the encouragement" "I'll always be here for you."

"Venus.." "hm?" "I want to apologize for what I put you through that day on the cliff. You've been through enough trauma and the last thing I wanted to do was add to it. I'm sorry" "Alex, you were in a dark place, I don't blame you for anything that happened so you don't need to apologize" "thank you, Venus" "of course."

"Your five minutes are up" The lady said from behind the counter. I sighed and then we hugged each other one more time. "I love you" "I love you too, Venus" I gave her a light smile before I left and got in my car. It was late so most of the street lights were on.

Something felt off though. I didn't know what it was but I felt very uneasy. I sat there for a minute until I saw Eli calling me. "Hey, amore" "hey" "are you gonna be home soon?" "Yeah, I'm on my way now, I had to see Alex first" "okay, see you when you get here" "okay." I hung up the phone and when I looked in my rearview mirror there was someone with a black mask on. 

I was about to get out of my car when they put their arm around my neck and started to choke me. Before I could do anything else I felt something sharp hit my neck and then drowsiness started to fill my body.

A few hours later...

I woke up and my head was pounding and my whole body was aching like they were carelessly handling me while I was unconscious. I looked around and I was tied to a chair and in a room that the only light source was a small lamp in the corner of the room. "Fuck" I say to myself. 

When I tried to move my hands from out of the ropes like my dad taught me it started to sting my wrists. "Ouch, what the fuck.." As I was still trying to untie myself I heard the door on the far side of the room being opened and then a women stepped inside. She had the initials 'SC' tattooed on the inside of her wrist so I guess that explains where I am. 

She had long black hair with ocean blue eyes and she was quite attractive. She kind of looked like me from her side profile if I'm being honest. "And you are?" I ask. "Nyx" "that's your name?" "Yes. Anymore questions?" "Maybe you could tell me why I'm here" "Oh Venus, what am I to do with you..?" "Let me go" "not an option."

"Ok well you're not telling me why I'm here so this is a waste of time. I don't even know who you are" "I just told you who I am" "no, you told me your name" "fine, since you want to know so bad. I'm the leader of the Sicilian Costas and you're here because you killed someone very important to me."

"I killed a lot of people, be more specific" "Maya, my sister" "and you expected me to know that was your sister?" "No but now you do so now I'm gonna kill everyone you love one by one no matter how long it takes" "of course you are."