"You can only choose one this time"

It was the day after the funeral and my mom had came by to drop off some letters she said my dad wanted me and my siblings to have. I didn't want to read mine because I was afraid of what it might say and I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet.

"Hey, amore" Eli comes into the room and sits down beside me on the bed. I was sitting down just staring at the unopened letter in my hand. "Hey" "you gonna read it?" "I don't know, I'm scared of what it might say."

"Amore, the only way you can let him go is by reading it, if you want my opinion, I say read it but take your time, there's no rush" "thank you." He kisses me and walks out the room. I open the letter and it looked just like his handwriting. I stared at it for a moment and then finally read what it said.

Dear Venus,

If you are reading this it means that I have probably passed away. I want you to know that I loved you so much even though I never showed it. I would say that I'm sorry for all that I've done but I know it won't make up for all the bullshit I put you through over the years so instead I want to say thank you. Thank you for putting up with a lot of my shit. I know you only left because I went too far. You finally had enough and I don't blame you. I wasn't in my right state of mind when I did what I did to you and I know that that's not an excuse. I'm not asking for forgiveness but I hope that one day you will understand why I pushed you so hard to be who you are now. 

Venus, I'm going to tell you something but be careful who you choose to tell. I wrote this letter before we went on the mission that you planned. I know you and I know you're going to blame yourself for my death but what I'm about to tell you might change your whole perspective.

The only reason I could have died on that mission is because someone pushed the button on purpose. My whole life I knew someone was after me and it's someone all the mafias trust. I know who it is but putting their name in this letter would make things...complicated so I need you to figure it out. You won't be very surprised when you figure out who it was.

They have been after me for a while and they finally got what they wanted. Find them and avenge them for me. I know you can.

Sincerely 

your beloved father.

By the end of the letter I was so confused. I didn't know who to trust with this. He did a lot of people dirty, almost everyone that I know. I knew all along that someone pushed the button. It can't be anyone in this mafia because none of them were near the building he went in. 

Jupiter, Gio, and Kam come into my room at the same time. "Did you all just read what I read?" Kameron asks us. We all nod our heads. "The only people that were with him were mom, aunt Mia, Belle, Aura, and...Matteo." I say

"It was obviously Matteo" Gio says. "Ok, let's not come to any conclusions" "he was the only non family member there, Venus" Jupiter says. "And you think family can't turn on you?" I say. "Well, this isn't really an investigation since we all know it was Matteo" Gio says. "Gio, you would say anything just to get this over with, you never cared about dad anyway."

"I did care about him. You're only saying that because he's your precious little boyfriend's dad and I don't know why you're playing Eli when you know you're in love with Damon!" "Ok, Gio, that was too far" Kam says. "Gio, that has nothing to do with our dad being murdered." Ju says.

"Gio, you're talking about me when I know you and Kaylin used to be a thing but then he left you for your own cousin and then when they didn't work out you begged to have him back but we all know that he would never take you back because you're a bitch who only cares about yourself so don't try to tell me about my relationship when you can't keep anyone for over a month."