Ch. 13 - Jjampbap Doesn't Go Anywhere (2)

Start from the beginning

Still, the freshman academy was still located at the farthest point from the line of defense. They were pretty much located at the periphery but once their school year finished and they moved up in grade, they would get closer and closer to the frontlines.

The area where the 6th years were located was just right behind the frontlines. It seemed like it was strategically placed there so they could easily be deployed in case of an emergency.

'Isn't this completely smart?'

On a closer inspection, the structure and arrangement of the academy was not completely strange. Since Jaiden was still a freshman, he was located in an area where the weakest of monsters were located. But it would change as his year and grade went up.

It seemed like they would deal with the low-leveled monsters until their 3rd year. However, the only difference from their freshman year and their third year was the number of monsters that they fought against.

Meanwhile, the older students were located in an area where higher-leveled monsters were teeming. To be specific, the 4th years were located where the simple and crude giant species were and the 5th years were located where the drakes and the airborne monsters were located at.

In other words, they were teaching the students what monsters were located in a specific terrain and how they should respond against them every school year.

"That's good. You can easily develop your strength and military power once you graduate."

"Did you realize it all at once?"

A female professor approached him from the side just as Jaiden spoke out after he determined the purpose of the academy being built like this. Jaiden only bowed his head in greeting since he did not know the name of his professor.

"I'm Selina, I teach basic beast theories."

"I'm number 13."

"Your fight earlier was quite impressive."

"Thank you."

Jaiden bowed his head at Selina's words. Then, he bid her goodbye. But just as he was about to leave, Selina grinned and spoke to him.

"What do you think?"

"Yes?"

Jaiden was left in confusion after hearing Selina's question that did not pertain to any subject at all.

"I'm talking about this arrangement. Don't you think there's a problem?"

Hearing Selina's question, Jaiden stood still as he turned to look at the map once again.

He could tell that the structure of the academy was quite impressive in terms of fostering and nurturing talent. Even the line of defense was quite unique too. All in all, it was an ideal structure for constant and continuous monster hunting.

In fact, this was also the same structure that the Northeast used. They would be the ones in the frontlines while they sent the monsters' body to the Center while the Center supported them with heavy munitions. However, this was a structure that did not consider a large monster wave.

Looking at the facts in front of him, it seemed like this was the reason why the Northeast was doomed even before the monster wave began. The Northeast had been swamped by large scale monster riots even before the signs of the monster wave started to appear.

'Just having a five-fold increase in the number of monsters will pose a problem to the Northeast.'

"I don't know."

Jaiden had noticed but he did not bother to give an answer. After all, it was not that the Northeast Command did not know of this. But something like this could not be fixed even if he noticed it all at once. It was a problem that could not be fixed due to various complex problems entangling their situation. There were plenty of ways to solve the problem. But it was something unrealistic at this point in time.