Ch. 10 - Northeast Military Academy... (2)

Mulai dari awal

"You're a bit young?"

"Wow, you got picked right away?"

"Amazing."

A knight came in just as everyone was murmuring about Jaiden. As soon as the blue-haired knight came in, the commissioned officers immediately sensed that the man was going to assess the children's level. His aura was usually sharp but he looked like he was deliberately keeping his momentum and hiding his aura.

"More than 30 people... there are quite a lot of people gathered here. Nice to meet you. I'm Sky Renz. I belong to the 2nd Knights Division under the Northeast Command. I volunteered for the job since I want to personally greet my juniors."

'Sky Renz!'

In his previous life, Sky Renz was someone who had made it to the master level. One of the few people who had survived in the Northeast in his previous life was now standing in front of him. He was called an elite at this point in time but his talent would still explode later.

'He's someone who can easily go over the 5th Stage at this point so why...?'

Jaiden couldn't understand why he did something like this but he still remained calm. He knew that he was someone who was as talented as his youngest brother so he did not need to be a poor errand boy.

"In fact, I'm already planning on going to the frontlines but I was also assigned to this mission. I know that everyone is a bit nervous but I hope that everyone doesn't get scared too much. After all, the Northeast is still a place where people still live."

Sky Renz spoke with a happy expression on his face as he took the trainees and headed straight towards the Drake Tower. Unlike other places that used warp gates or carriages to move from one place to another, the Northeast traveled by riding drakes.

"Uwooooo..."

Some of the children were scared to tears while others were stunned by the strong wind as they rode the drake. Even though they could use their mana, they were all lost and out of their minds from the aerial monsters that popped out and attacked from time to time. What was worse was that it was not even small monsters that popped out but scarily huge monsters.

Sky Renz grinned when he saw the children's frightened state after landing on the Northeast's Drake Tower. Then, he spoke to them.

"Let me formally introduce myself. I am Sky Renz. I will guide you to the Academy. I am also the examiner that will determine whether you're eligible to enter the Academy or not."

All of their eyes widened when they heard Sky Renz's words. Jaiden was not that surprised since he had heard some information beforehand. But the rest of the kids couldn't adjust when Sky Renz's eyes turned sharp. After all, he looked like he was a good and amiable person when he first picked them up.

"Your test is easy. Starting from the Drake Tower, you need to get to the Academy located over the ridge. I'll take care of the dangerous monsters myself but I won't stop the rest."

The pupils of the kids shook wildly after hearing Sky Renz's words.

It seems like there aren't that many people who have an actual experience. The oldest is around 13 years old, I think?

But he needed to test the children's levels. However, the kid's eyes were shaking at the thought of going through an actual battle.

"Make it to the Academy alive. That's the test that you will be taking."

Sky Renz left those words as he took the lead and went down the tower.

They could see some soldiers giving a salute from time to time.