“About that-”

“I think there was no misunderstanding to what he overheard,” Jay cuts him off.

“How can you say so?” Jake asked curiously.

“I’ve talked to Jungwon yesterday, he sounded like…mad? And as if he didn’t want Riki to be anywhere near his friend. Sunoo must have really hate Riki so much-”

Jake held Jay's arms to stop him from talking as he noticed the door slightly open and a shadow of a man standing outside was visible.

“Riki?” Jake called, praying that the person standing after the door wasn't him.

Instead of answering, the person only pulled the door close, leaving Jake and Jay all to themselves.

“How long is he standing there?” Jay asked.

“I don’t know, but I’m sure he heard the part where you said Sunoo actually hates him,” Jake said.

“You should have locked my door after you entered!”

“Let’s just hope it isn’t Riki!”

Although it’s obviously Riki over-hearing everything that’s been said.

+++

Heeseung sat patiently on the edge of Riki’s bed, feeling a little nervous.

Seeing Jake entering Jay’s room can mean a lot of things. In their group, Jay is the most trusted person, he basically knows every secret they have. He was the most comfortable person to talk to and a great listener for everyone, except for his own brother Riki. Heeseung, Sunghoon and Jake mostly go to Jay whenever they’re confused about something, or if they’re having troubles.

If Jake went to Jay, he must have been probably asking Jay for opinions and advice. Now, the questions are; what would Jake ask Jay?

Heeseung sent Riki to eavesdrop although he knew it was not the very bright decision ever, but can anyone blame him?

What if Jake confess to Jay that he realized he didn’t like Heeseung anymore and it’s Sung-

Heeseung’s thoughts got interrupted when Riki finally entered the room, an unreadable expression on his face.

“What did they talk about? Did you get caught?” Heeseung asked.

Riki shook his head as he lay on the bed.

“Jake will probably talk to you again, that’s what I’ve heard,” Riki said.

“What else?”

Heeseung stared at the younger man who closed his eyes. Silence surrounded them as he waited for Riki to speak.

“Riki,” Heeseung taps the younger’s cheeks slightly to make sure he isn’t falling asleep yet. “What else did you hear?”

Riki opens his eyes but his gaze is blank and Heeseung cannot read the emotion behind it.

“Heeseung…”

“Yeah?”

The younger deeply sighs before he rolled over the bed to where the piles of cushions were.

“I’m tired,” Riki said, hugging a cushion.

Heeseung shook his head as he let a small smile out.

“Fine, take a rest. Thanks,” Heeseung said as he stood up from the bed.

He walks toward the door and stops midway. He looked back at the younger, knowing all too well that what Riki has said has double meaning in it.

Deep inside Heeseung’s mind, he also hopes there was only a misunderstanding between the truth and what Riki has heard. It may already be too late but Heeseung regrets being rude to Jungwon.

He took a mental note to apologize to the sophomore but he needed to apologize to Jake first.

+++

“Why are you suddenly changing your phone number?” Sunoo curiously asked while watching his best friend saving the contacts back on his phone.

Jungwon didn’t speak as he continued his work.

“Was it because of that senior who keeps on calling you? Jay?”

Jungwon still didn’t respond.

“You two seem pretty close, why are you suddenly declining his calls?” Sunoo asked again.

Jungwon remained silent, acting as if he heard nothing.

“I was only staying silent but I’m a great observer, Jungwon. Is it because of me?” Sunoo asked, guilt washing over him.

“No,” Jungwon quickly denied. “I only realized rich people are never kind unless they feel like it.”

Sunoo stared at his best friend, “What do you mean? What did he do?”

Jungwon sighed, “Sometimes, I just hate that you ask too many questions.”

Sunoo only sheepishly smiled.

“It’s not Jay, but the other senior,” Jungwon finally confess. “Rich people are all the same.”

“Jake? Sunghoon? Heeseung?”

Jungwon stared a little bit longer at Sunoo before he went back to his phone.

“Can we not talk about him? I hate hearing his name,” Jungwon said.

“Okay. But don’t you think ignoring Jay is a bit too much? You shouldn’t assume that he is the same as the other rich people just because he’s also rich. He might be different,” Sunoo said.

Jungwon kept silent again, making Sunoo smile at the obviously annoyed face of his best friend.

“Do you like that senior?”

Sunoo’s smile gets wider upon noticing that the question caught Jungwon off guard.

“You will not be affected by whatever he said to you if you don't like him, do you?” Sunoo asked again.

“Whatever,” Jungwon responded.

Sunoo didn’t push the topic further, knowing it might make Jungwon feel uncomfortable. He already knew the answer himself through Jungwon’s facial expressions.

Whoever is that senior who hurt his friend, he hopes he will choke on his breakfast tomorrow.

+++

A/N:

This book isn't ending, idk how this ended up having a lot of chapters. THERE'S A LOT LEFT! When I first wrote the outline I thought this will end with only 20-30 chapters but look at it reaching 40 and SunKi isn't sailing yet. HOW?! I kept asking myself.

tengyu_