(S3-C35) • Two Tails Together, Forever and Ever •

The Genesis Event destroyed a large amount of structures in Barkingburg. It was first thought to be impossible to rebuild, but through Sweetie's guidance it had risen again, looking better than ever. As the sun rode its morning glory into the castle's open window frames, voices were already flying into the air.

"Over there," said Sweetie as she pointed to a corner, the man she was ordering giving her a bow before placing the large vase down her requested position.

Barkingburg was formerly dull of beautification, considering a ruler's castle should refrain from holding unnecessary objects. However, for the new generation of the kingdom of Barkingburg, change came. The arched entrance was designed with golden laces of metal and flower bushes were at its side. Furthermore, the empty fields left just outside of the castle—within the walls—were asked to grow fields of various colourful petals, and flat, pebbled paths were what led any tourist or passerbys around to keep their boots off the grass. The previous dirt path was now filled with life whenever one turned, left or right.

"Where shall I put this, Princess Sweetie?"

Chase put down a box he was balancing above his head before he turned to the voice. It was Ryder holding a knight's helm, and Sweetie pointed a paw to behind her, in which the teenager nodded.

Chase wiped his forehead with the back of his paw before padding over to the westie. "Early morning and we're already on a roll."

"Apologies for the inconvenience, dearest. I'm afraid we may be late for our meeting with Maria as well due to it."

"Don't worry." Chase barked out a tablet from his black backpack, which he wore even when he had nothing for his body. "Already texted her, and she was able to reply this time. Now all she needs to learn is how to send images." Chase shook his head from the memory of trying to read their friend's Space-less wall of text.

"Much appreciated for your quick evaluation. I promise we'll head out next week. Although…" Sweetie placed a paw on her chin.

Chase hummed. "Something in your mind?"

"We could go and feel the fresh air around my kingdom. Just you and me, it's still pretty early after all. The sun rays are healthy."

"Yeah, but—"

"Bah! Go ahead." Chase turned to see Marshall, and Everest was looking at a clipboard beside him. "Everest told me most of the heavy lifting is already done. We can handle a few extra minutes, you two better get together more. Ever since Chase came back, you pair never seemed to interact intimately."

Chase stretched his lips to a cheek, eyeing the corner and feeling awkward. Marshall was right, even when he and Sweetie both shared their love for one another through big and small hints in the past, lately, they had no idea where the flame went. Chase feared it died, although after glancing at Sweetie, he was reassured of her flustered face that everything was well.

"Alright." Chase took Sweetie's paw and pulled her to his side. "Let's have our deserved time together."

"Come back before it gets dark!"

Chase almost cursed from the jump Sweetie's father got on them. Former King Yuri stared at Chase intensely. Most would fear the Father Stare but Chase could easily sense the sadness that wanted out from the male. "Don't worry, sir. Nothing bad will happen to your daughter."

"Ease up, love." Lyra softened Yuri's gaze, sitting beside him. "Chase died for our daughter and came back when she couldn't live without him. I feel like we should give him a little more credit."

"Fine, but if he ever does anything to Sweetie, I'll gut him myself."

"You wouldn't," Sweetie sassily replied, her father leaning backwards in surprise before she stuck her tongue out. Based on Former Queen Lyra's attempt to hide her laughter, Chase was reassured that Sir Yuri was known to bark than to bite, although it wasn't something to complain nor laugh about. He didn't want to lose his head. "If anything, you should protect Chase from me. I need to get back at him for dying like three times."