(S3-C33) • Passing the Torch •

The ceremony started without a hinch. People from everywhere gathered to join in on the official crowning of the new leader, who was dangerously late. The staff said she may have gone to the bathroom, others stated she was putting on makeup. However, the young guard, Antonio, was the only one who knew where she went, and it was in a small tent in the back of the whole set-up ceremony.

"I have to get her back here before the occasion starts," the knight said, wearing a lighter set of clothes and limited armour, being merely metal kneecaps and pauldrons.

With his brown boots, he made his way to the back of the place, sending waves and smiles to everyone he passed by. He was a delightful fellow and he even made a little crying girl laugh by making a funny face. He was a symbol of peace and freedom, a symbol he was forcibly passed on with, for his mentor was gone. Sir Smith died of his injuries which he sustained from Coraline. Antonio learned the truth from a few guards before, which left him a sobbing mess. He would remember the large human making the most hilarious of jokes and encouraging everyone to keep training while he gets them all some refreshments.

"First, Smith. Now, Chase. They were perfect, why do they need to suffer such fate? It's too cruel for them and for everyone."

"If you were to pick a flower in a garden, what would you pick?"

Antonio turned his head to see a teenager, about his age, leaning against the wooden pillar of a large tent to his side. He turned out to be far from just a normal teenager, for he was a prince. Better known as Prince Alejandro, who wore some dirty clothes. A brown dusty cloak, a thin t-shirt, and dark brown trousers with ripped ends and torn areas.

"Well, it would be the most beautiful flower, Your Highness."

Alejandro nodded in agreement, pushing himself off his lean to stand before the knight, crossing his arms. "Both of them are brave souls but the brave are always the first to fall. I know Sir Smith from stories, as well as what happened to him through a secret messenger of mine. He and Chase were fools."

Antonio stood with confusion. It wasn't because the prince seemed to mock the two individuals who sacrificed themselves for the greater good. Through one of the holes in his pants, Prince Alejandro was noticed to have bandages wrapped around his knees, and the way he walked over to the young knight appeared to be somewhat limping. "You risked your life to help us as well," Antonio said.

"I am also a fool, knight. There's no reason to throw one's life away no matter the trouble. However, there are people who would do just that, betting it the line for others. It is admirable as it is pathetic." The prince lowered his arms. "Where are you going? The flow of the crowd is in the opposite direction, and that's why I approached you."

"It's Princess Sweetie. She hasn't returned to take the stage and is delaying the event. Although that isn't important, I worry about her wellbeing. She's been staying in a small tent for hours. Soon, the orange sun will fall asleep, she can't remain there forever."

"Then let's go fetch her," Alejandro suggested.

The two walked side by side as the sun continued to set, reaching a tent in the end where a light inside illuminated the place. The tent could fit a standing adult human but only for a few steps before they reach the boundaries. Coming closer, they could hear the voice of the dead. Chase was speaking to Sweetie, or so thought.

"Princess Sweetie?" Antonio carefully called, hoping not to give pressure to the grieving soul. "The ceremony is about to start soon."

There was no reply.

The knight called again before he used his hands to separate the entrance of the tent, Alejandro following. Inside, they observed the Terrier on her belly, holding a frog toy. From there, she listened to the recorded audio of the famous German Shepherd. The lines were bits of conversations about all and everything in-between.