(S3-C5) • Overtaking Emotions •

"Let me go!" Sweetie struggled with her arms held on by a pair of knights, bringing her up the ramp and back to the surface. Her forced return was welcomed by the princess who had her arms folded, an uneasy expression worn.

"Where is Peregrine?" she questioned right before two more knights came out of the underground, one of which shook their head. "I see."

Sweetie was able to battle the grip of her custodians, unlatching herself from the hold, but the two knights showed no signs to attempt to hold her again. She shot an imploring look at her owner, as if asking to help her find the missing pup. It wasn't given in any way though. The princess only frowned before she turned her back, her hands atop each in front of her lap as she walked away.

An hour later, Sweetie was still by the entrance leading to the underground. Not even gold could get her to remove her expecting gaze. Once, when a bowl of treats came, she growled. It was a foreign behaviour that The Princess would've bicker with her about, yet she understood her change. She was worried, much to the tan female's surprise since her pooch wasn't a fan of close connections. She's rather picky, although ironically, everyone she kept close to her heart just crashed into her life, and she didn't have a say against them.

"What's taking him so long?" Sweetie tapped the floor with a foot, repeating it for a minute now as the descending darkness was her television, watching keenly for anyone to come out, until a shifting in the black caught her full attention. "Ch—" she caught herself—"Peregrine?"

She took a few steps down, a small smile creeping up her face upon seeing the pup.

She wanted to dive at him and send them both rolling back down the darkness. That thought... she shook it off. She didn't understand why she thought of wanting to receive contact with her hidden caretaker, and her grin turned to that of irritation.

"You miss me?" Chase asked her, Sweetie shaking her head before deciding to haught.

"I wished you fell in a pit and broke your neck but it seems that fate was forgiving to you. She's going against my side, to my misfortune, but whatever." Sweetie placed a paw on her forehead, letting out "tsks" as she tried to avoid the Shepherd's gaze.

However, as she opened her eyes to gleam her behavioural dissatisfaction, she caught the brown pup scratching his arm like a light itch that wouldn't go away, his eyes far from connecting with hers. As much as she was tempted to ask him if something was wrong, she held back, just setting her sights to the opposite direction.

"Lunch is served and with a few words with Her Majesty, I was able to allow the enable of food of all sorts. It was difficult for me so you have to work harder next time, all right?" The princess pup asked, leading them both towards the dining area.

They both sat back down at the same table they ate before. The absence of their friends, it needed some getting used to, but overall, it was quite pleasant having the both together alone.

It was like a date... though, they wouldn't think of it like that.

When the waiter went away after the two ordered, Sweetie placed both her paws in front of her, rising up like a triangle. "How did you escape?"

Chase only hummed, raising a brow. His red eye contacts weren't calming at all. Stylish, maybe, but it wasn't a colour Sweetie would admire, now that she took a longer notice. Red often symbolized blood, danger, and evil. Upon thinking about it, no wonder a lot hates her. She's like the colour red, and what a shame it was for her. Upon seeing the PAW Patrol, she wanted to be friends, yet her doubts got the better of her, just as theirs got to them.

Her thoughts were broken upon the Shepherd's answer. His voice was cool and unhurried, like someone who just got out of a bath and gained a good mood, but it was questionable.