(S2-C12) • Silent Scream •

Rolling out after a phone call to Robo-dog, who was sent to drive the PAW Patroller as the team's source of transportation, Rocky laid resting on the long, cushioned seat within the vehicle. The smallest movement caused him to groan, and the shooting pain was beyond anyone could imagine.

In his mind, it was nothing but an endurable accident though. He would rather be left disabled than to see his beloved gone, and it was a crazy idea, but that's exactly what adamantine love was. Unbreakable and strange, almost insane. Some couples belong in the asylum.

The downcasted frown and furrowed eyebrows on Marshall's face was a subject for worry. He was supposed to lift everyone's spirits despite the situation just like every time, yet he didn't. The disease, the fear of a different outcome for what might've happened if Rocky wasn't able to hold Skye, or just the mere thought of one of them having their life on an immediate deadline right at that moment, it was a lesson of how terrifying life was.

"No, no, you... what? How was that an excuse?"

The pups' heads turned towards the shouting, silent as they watched their co-leader pace back and forth with his pup-tag on his ear, which he removed from his collar earlier.

The stomping and loud breathing through his nose portrayed his emotions, yet they knew that this was but a fraction of how Chase felt. He wanted to lash out, to blow, to erupt. And honestly, those were reasonable emotions. He promised a fun time and ended up with an injured friend, which was the least that could've happened. What would they tell Ryder if they brought a corpse with them?

"I will sue you, Christopher. Do you hear me?" Chase whipped with a fist banging on the metallic floor, Rubble shaking near Rocky's head.

The Bulldog's soft whimpers were heard, and it meant a call of action. Someone had to calm the beast down, but how to do it was the debatable question. This wasn't the first time Chase was mad but this was the first time he reached this boiling point. A few jokes from Marshall and a pup treat would've worked, but in their current situation, they could do neither. They could only rely on how much they know their police pup.

"Pst! Skye."

"Rocky?" Skye's ears raised, standing up from beside the mixed breed when she heard the whisper. "I'm here. What is it?" She closed the distance, eyes moving from how Rocky winced in trying to cup his muzzle, which made her subconsciously tilt her ear near his mouth, a small, audible voice coming out.

"Do you think I'll believe you after what you did? Don't try to make me laugh, do you even understand the fatal mistake you have-"

"Chase."

The Shepherd swung his head, his ablaze pupils landing on the unhappy Cockapoo, who held his single forepaw touching the floor, stopping him in his pacing. Somehow, her eyes... those calling, mermaid's eyes of hers that was a visual song of calmness, pleaded on bended knees, trying to reach the understanding side of the fuming canine.

But Chase couldn't allow himself to be tricked. Not again, yet he couldn't do anything but listen.

"This isn't you, Chase. Your anger, your frustrations, they're valid, but you can't start hating on someone. Hatred never leaves."

"But-"

Chase felt a chill. Not one that meant danger but rather a gentle caress. His head unconsciously rested on the paw that touched his cheek, and his eyes closed, slowing the sour vexation of his heart while also injecting it with what the team visioned what their work should be, and that was to have compassion and understanding. To show sympathy even to those who did them wrong, may it be intentionally like Mayor Humdinger or unintentionally such as Daring Danny X and, for the best example: Christopher.