(S1-C1) • Delightful Encounter •

"Hello there, you bloodsucking parasite." The matured, female voice lingered in her ears in an echo, repeating over and over, getting weaker each time. All the tiny pup could do was whimper, unable to move within her woven casket as the night kept its dark aura. "We'll be leaving you here to rot now." A pair of grim smiles gleamed white within the shadows, the helpless whelp watching with flowing tears as the adults placed her in a bed of dirtiness, piled with litter and mosquitoes.

"M-mama?" cried the abandoned child, feeling the wetness of her cheeks as the two figures backed away, slowly being swallowed by the darkness as liquid dripped down their faces. Goo? Blood? She couldn't comprehend anything, and so she closed her eyes as she cried.
Her heart drained empty despite her lack of knowingness and her body shivered from the freezing breath during the hours of silence. The sobs cleared how she wanted to escape her position and run to whomever left her, but she was unable.

Don't leave me...

Within seconds, a light pierced the black and the pup's tears halted it's leaking flow. She opened her sight to a hand reaching out for her, radiating a compassionate feel. The young one feared it not, but was merely curious, letting it come to her until the light blinds her whole vision and her consciousness was taken away.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"Wakey, wakey, my little princess." The soft girl voice of the usual jolliness vibrated in the sleeping pup's ear canal. They paid no mind to it and sought to continue their slumber. However, a gentle hand glided along their albino fur, stroking with feathery touch. It was enough to let the small irritation set in.

"Five more minutes," the small creature uttered as her legs twitched and curled, wishing for more sleep. Unfortunately, coldness enveloped as her cloth left her fur, causing a groan to erupt.

"Silly Sweetie. It's time to rise!"

With the too familiar cheer eager to see her pet get up, she received an annoyed frown. Still, her wishes came true as Sweetie lifted herself from her resting place, sitting upright. "Princess, why must you always disrupt my rest for better complexion?" she questioned, seeing how her owner was already impeccably dressed. "Because it's my job to keep you in shape and good health. Too much rest might make you undesirably—"

"Fat?" Sweetie presumed the future with a yawn, shaking her whole body to wake herself up. She lifted her hind paw to scratch behind her ear, attempting to rid of itchiness. It was always something similar creatures like her suffer from time to time.

"Well, I'd say plump. You'd still look adorable even so, but I want you to have a positive outlook on yourself."

"Princess, I will always remain the most beautiful," the canine confidently declared, giving a light smile. "Every prince from all kingdoms had always tried to reach for my paw."

"Mhmm," the tan-skinned girl replied with her arms crossed, raising an eyebrow. "And yet, not a single one has been of best interest to you?"

The question caused the pup to chuckle, looking down on her pup-bed which was placed beside her owner's resting place. "I find them to be... unsuitable partners," she tried to convince.

The princess just let out a sigh, knowing it would be for naught to argue, even if it was for the sake of her lovable pet. "W-well, maybe because I don't want to have anyone as a life-long companion for now," Sweetie added with nervousness. She had always hated seeing the princess downcasted because of her. Her words were proven effective though, seeing how a happy expression curved on the princess's face. "I'll take your word for it."

With the human girl still kneeling down to face her pet, they turned their heads to the sound of creaking. The doors of their room leisurely opened, showing an elderly man of pale skin and blue eyes, a bald spot on top of his head, with white hair reaching up to his shoulders and a mustache of the same hue.