(S3-C29) • Their Worst Disagreement •

"What are you talking about, Sweetie? You know me!" Chase took a step forward until a force made him feel sorry for doing so. Black spikes that came out of the patches of goo on the walls were millimeters away from touching him. He was surrounded.

The Emperor raised a paw and made a circle motion in the air, slowly lowering it. It caused the spikes to dematerialize.

"We do not recognize who you are, stranger. However, something about you just peaks our interest. You're… different."

Chase lifted his paw to his face, taking off the configuration mask, along with his whole suit that retracted back in it, although it gained a lace that hung around his neck. "I want to talk to Sweetie," he pleaded with a show of vulnerability for the being to trust him.

The Emperor replied, "She is here with us, for you are speaking to her. To me. To what we have become as a single individual."

No matter what Chase said, the creature merely replied in a statement consisting of two souls becoming one being. It made him think maybe this really was who Sweetie is now. If she was, however, The Emperor should remember him then. So why can't they?

The two stared at one another, unmoving. The atmosphere was light and neutral. Chase's senses responded in calm nervousness from the anxiety of what he should say next.

"You are troubled?"

Chase's mouth parted for a second. "Yes. Your host is actually someone I'm close to. The reason you're here is because of me." His shoulders tensed for a second. "Although I do not have any plans of controlling you unlike Coraline. Please be wary."

The pup drenched in goo stayed silent for a few seconds. Chase then approached them. He had no intention of doing anything, only to stand by their side. They both looked through the broken wall. At that moment, despite the Genesis Event continuing to take place, every colour returned to normal.

"Why did you stop the spikes? Why did you allow me on this floor?" Chase said nonchalantly, lost in his thoughts of what he was going to do now.

He then caught the sound of liquid crawling and the squelching of substances. He turned to his side to catch white fur from the former completely black pup. They took to another form, one Chase was more familiar with. They had black eyes and purple irises. Everything else about the form was similar to Sweetie's appearance, excluding the spiky hair above them that leaned back, and the patches of goo still sticking to their body and arms.

"We said you were interesting. That you were different from the others, for your aura speaks peace, just as we. Also, just for you, you can call me Sweetie and refer to me as whatever gender you wish," they… she said. Sweetie said. The voice was Sweetie's, after all. At the same time, it also wasn't her. "This Sweetie you are referring to might have hidden information from me, giving our birthed memories a threshold on what we can remember."

"I see," Chase said, asking again, "You say 'host' but wouldn't you two combining mean a mutual relationship?"

"What a young, brilliant mind you have, Shepherd. It is true that we seem to have a mutual connection. However, the host is in control and was only given power to fulfill her desires."

"Then why can't you remember me, Sweetie? Why did you lock your memories?"

This time, there was no response. Even Sweetie looked confused, unable to give a definitive answer. She probably learned that replying with what she answered before would only return them to step one. Chase also realized that maybe that wasn't the correct question to ask her.

He sat down and Sweetie copied, staring into the field of grass, the humble city, the ended war, and the mountains from the horizon. Despite everything that happened, they were currently in absolute clarity.