(S2-C2) • Framed •

"That's balderdash!" The round table shook in a small tremor upon forceful contact from Maria's paw, earning a calm surveillance from two other pups, whose eyes were calm as wandering jellyfishes in the transparent sea—slow and undisturbed. They were enclosed within the fours walls of the meeting room with a wordless Sweetie and a prince with his arm wrapped in a casket sitting in a triangular arrangement around the table. "Prince Julius, do you expect us to believe the rubbish about Sir Chase? That he, out of everyone, would stab someone like you for no reason at all?"

"You're not the one I sought to ask for immediate action, you cannot make decisions in this kingdom. Even if you could, what kind of mindset do you have? I was stabbed, you buffoon! Are you siding with the evildoers now?"

"A perfidious foul-mouth such as you don't even deserve a say! We started this meeting in a civilized manner until you began stating to have his head for the glory of this kingdom, which is the same kingdom that detest unnecessary violence."

The two raged on to continue their back-and-forths, leaving Sweetie to contemplate, the arguing coming in her ears in faded tones. Her mind focused solely on one pup and where he might be, unable to believe that he could do such an outrageous action. However, in contrast to that, it was Prince Julius who was the said victim when the workers reported the trouble. That alone stirred inescapable bother, especially since he was walking on their kingdom's soil when the situation happened.

"You told me earlier that you and another friend of yours arrived here just a few days ago, do you expect me to believe that you truly know that criminal?" the Prince referred to his 'attacker', a vein bloating and wanting to pop from Maria's temple, her sharp incisors showing as she growls. She was about to erupt!

"I wouldn't believe a spoiled-rotten prince would ever understand friendsh—"

"If one more word comes out from either of you, I'll be sure to send a message to your owners for failing to act in proper behavior, having you both deal with the consequences afterwards."

The surrounding grew silent, the eyes of the arguers moving towards the sudden speaker. Sweetie's stare through the window remained firm and oddly pacific. The wind blew in, weaving through their fur as the gentle gaze of the Terrier began sending regret to the creators of the recent argument.

"We'll be sending search parties throughout the city to have the capture of the traitor. Chase the Shepherd will be returned here and that's when we'll plan out the required trial for his unjust actions."

This sparked happiness to the prince's face, observing as Sweetie hopped down her seat and padded towards the door, attempting to exit. "Thank you, Princess Sweetie. Barkingburg is lucky enough to receive such an angel. It's a shame one has yet to steal your heart, but rest assured, the loving thief will show himself to you soon enough."

The Terrier halted for a second, flashing a smile to the male which caused his heart to work faster, mind floating for a second from an unknown high. From that moment, he promised himself once again, he'll have her paw some day.

His daydream was short-lived though, snapping out of his trance from another individual leaving the room, who closed the door behind her. Looking around, he found himself to be alone, and that was... actually pretty bad for him. "Uh... can someone help me get down the chair?" he called, waiting for anyone to answer as the casket rendered him immobile to land on the floor safely if he was to try.

In the halls, Sweetie was walking away, Maria quickly following beside her with an upset expression. She couldn't believe the final decision... no, she couldn't believe Sweetie herself!

"Why did you betray him?" she asked, her core in pain from every beat as she stood in front of her friend, whose eyes connected with her flaming ones. "We could have defended him. Did you honestly believe the painted truth that the troublemaker was trying to implant in our brains?"