(S3-C32) • A Friend to You •

What was supposed to be a day of joy was ambivalent with emotions. The new ruler, formerly a sneaky misfit, was true and kind and humble. Her capabilities as a leader pumps everyone into believing they will be able to live in a good world for the rest of their lives. However, what came next was an example of what could happen when involved with the supernatural, a fear that Barkingburg hinted that it's capable of showing. The sky was bright but hearts were dark, surprised, and in absolute lack of acceptance of what just happened. Even the doctors confirmed it. Chase, the Shepherd of the PAW Patrol, was dead.

"Hey, Sweetie," a voice welcomed itself into Sweetie's large tent. The new ruler turned her back towards the entrance, pulling her blanket over her head to hide. She was in no mood to talk, she feared she'll lash out. Understandable if she did, she immediately endured the weight of the crown and the responsibilities that came with it. Among those responsibilities were to never shed a tear in order to reassure her people. At least not in public.

"Sweetie?" The presence entered deeper in the temporary abode, pestering the pup to answer.

Sweetie sniffled as she threw the blanket away. "What do you want, Skye?" Her voice cracked with almost every word, making it clear to the Cockapoo the amount of strength the Terrier had in her. It was all but empty. She didn't even have the power to insult the Aviation Pup, and she was known to do it as if it was breathing.

"You're a mess," Skye said, coming closer.

"Says you?" Sweetie wittingly responded, noticing the reddish eyes Skye still had despite her caring attitude.

Skye sat down in front of the pup, her feet wiggling on the comfortable tarp as a floor that Sweetie had. "You haven't eaten yet, everyone's worried about you."

"Of course they would." Sweetie shook her head. "They worry about their Highness and her well being because without her, the whole place would fall apart."

"They worry about your health, not about your ability to lead due to the most recent occurrence."

"Well tell them that with Chase gone, my will to live is dead… he was a fool to admit his feelings for me. He was sick in the head, striking a deal with that mythological snake, well it cost him. I hope he's happy leaving me here alone."

Skye only sighed, turning her head to see all the other pups stacked on each other to peak from the entrance of the tent. The Cockapoo and her team were close to Chase as well. The only reason they were able to recover instead of being like Sweetie was that they already shed their every tear before. The time Chase faked his death. Despite the sudden loss, they just didn't have the ability to cry about him anymore. They could only mourn in silence, helping others to get back up on their own two (or four) feet.

"What do you mean by a snake?"

"Interested, aren't you?" Sweetie giggled, trying to escape her pain. "Call me crazy but there once was a snake that granted wishes like a genie in a lamp. Amazing as it was true, the snake would pick a condition in order for the wish to happen, so it's more of a trade."

Skye's eyebrows furrowed and her eyes looked down. "What happened then?"

"He never told me but I found out. Chase wished for a period of immortality until he was able to save me from the hands of Coraline."

"So the conditions were to save you… once he does, he'll disappear?"

"Oh, Skye. You poor, poor, unknowing pup. What Chase is would be beyond your comprehension." Sweetie stood up, walking around the Cockapoo. She had that intense aura of mischief and desire to cause trouble, circling her victim. "He was a brave pup who would save me from danger. He was a slave that would do everything I say. He was a guardian, who would always be there if you needed him."