(S3-C34) • Part 1: Life Rebuilt •

Three weeks had passed since the supernatural event. Barkingburg was under new management, a composed and witty one yet naturally kind and compassionate. She garnered the praise of her people and immediately decided for a renovation for both her castle and her city. She wanted to put a symbolic fountain in the center of town, as well as build greenhouses to support their ecosystem, considering they brought down a lot of Mother Nature due to past events.

There lived none poor soul that sat on the sidewalk or in alleyways, and Sweetie even had her construction team build animal shelters and an orphanage, for she had eyes on the strays and few children that played dangerously close to the streets. Ultimately, she made Barkingburg a better kingdom.

"Are you proud of me?" she whispered as she stared into the oceanic horizons, the smell of stale sulphuric entering her nose. The tiny waves slammed against their hull, gently rocking them as they sailed closer to a popular bay. In all fairness, it was made popular by a team of rescue pups.

The ship anchored by the docks and minutes later, the steps everyone used to climb aboard were, once again, lowered to place their feet back on land. Sweetie watched over the tourists, who made their way to the shores, guided by a fisherman who wore glasses and spoke in fluent alliteration. He struggled to group them but with help from a brown woman with a weird purse chicken, they were able to lead the herd to their destination.

"You wish to go with them, Your Highness?"

Sweetie turned her head towards the man she knew well since she began to learn her ABC's. "Just admiring them. Also, Earl, why did you join me? I already have someone to be on my side, you should've spent your time with your family."

"Ah, well…" The Earl scratched his moustache with a finger. "For some reason, I just couldn't leave our new ruler alone, especially not in the hands of this greenshrub."

"Hey!"

Sweetie giggled as Antonio entered her vision, all dressed up neatly with modern clothing. Jeans, red sneakers, and a denim jacket. The way security worked for them would differ if they were at Barkingburg or if they were at another place, yet they knew Adventure Bay was the safest location on the planet. This led them to believe weapons and protection weren't necessary, in which Antonio insisted to come and act as an unrequested bodyguard instead.

Sweetie was getting used to the outside world, she's been on a few trips for the need to sign permissions, raise awareness for mental health, ecological reconstruction, and even buy books.

A problem they had to face now was where they would stay for their time. Sweetie already asked for reservations to a hotel but she was unsure if she wanted to remain there considering she wanted to explore, but her two guards that were playfully fighting behind her advised her to never go anywhere alone. Still, they decided to head over to the hotel and keep their luggages safe. Busby was kept in the room to assure Sweetie from getting it lost.

"Shall we head over to the party now? I heard your friends arrived earlier today," Antonio couldn't hold the excitement in his voice, cheery as always.

Sweetie couldn't blame him, they were heading for a dance that would supposedly connect them to their soul mates. It was meant for royal pups but Sweetie knew her species was basically peak heart-melt for humans, and seeing them dance with one another would be the unrivaled cure for depression.

Earl was left to put their luggages in order, and the remaining two already made their way to the center of town.

They arrived at the sight of lines of light connected from one end to another in front of City Hall. Tables and chairs were present, and people were taking care of the food in one area near the entrance. It appeared rather small, although it was because it was the supply station stylized for the benefit of the workers in the event. There would be a separate place for the party, and what Sweetie last heard, it would be a massive building in the corner of town made for a ball dance. A clear, marbled-tiled flooring and the ceiling was about three dozen meters high. The walls were supported by pillars of smooth cement painted in lavender but between those pillars were large glass windows, strong enough to withstand a sledgehammer and still remain see-through and crackless.