(S2-C3) • Growth •

Sweetie admired her plate of pancakes with gentle eyes, the only food available for her given by the Princess's instructions. Beside it was a champagne glass with a maroonish colour of liquid within. A fine breakfast for someone like her, but her expression lacked happiness.

She was alone, other than her noisy subconscious nagging at her in the continuous struggle for her and her… The Princess's kingdom, Barkingburg. As angry as her invisible self was, she remained composed and looked to be unaffected by the situation.

A few minutes went by, her mind was at peace, but the relief was short-lived for the doors into the gigantic dining room opened with a loud creak and a proud walk of an individual.

"Princess Sweetie," a voice spoke up which straightened the Terrier's ears, her irritation setting in from the triggering call, "it has been fifteen suns and fourteen moons and you have yet to bring the traitor to custody. I'm afraid your men aren't trying hard enough."

Sweetie sighed, using a bit of force to create distance between her and her plate. "Prince Julius, your request is invalid. I will not strain my people to work without a decent meal every so often. I have already put them in longer shifts, just be a little more patient. That's all I ask of you."

The white pup closed her eyes and massaged her temples with both paws, her body weary even if it was early morning. A ruler's job was never easy, she knew that. Yet, no one would be prepared for the predicament she got into. Her paws were already sore from the first batch of paperwork she signed for the construction of a park. It was strange to have to ask permission from the highest just to allow the official opening of a place meant for people. It may be their land but the work was frustrating.

Prince Julius, his casket off, saw the problem on the pup's face, and as much as he enjoyed having his wishes granted by Sweetie herself, he didn't like the suffering she was in. If only she was his, everything wouldn't be so hard. He would treat her like the queen she was, bringing her favorite food in bed and cuddling with her every time she felt down. In fact, he even thought of where to buy some baby bottles for a family they'd soon have. A rather rushed and inappropriate thought but no one would be able to convince him that his heart was telling him something else.

"Daydreaming about me again?"

The Shepherd woke up from his hypnosis only to notice he was staring at the royal pup, with saliva falling down the side of his mouth. Wiping it off, he fixed his outfit with a few pats, raising his head high before he came close to her beside the table.

"You know, Princess Sweetie. Your owner likes me very much and, I don't mean to brag, but I am quite handsome. Also, I love nature! Especially flowers, like the snowball marigold. So white and pure and innocent and... captivating..." His eyes fluttered seductively, returned with a deadpan look that immediately destroyed his boldness. "I-umm... w-what about you, dear?" He placed both his forepaws on the side of the table to have a closer view on the one he admired, acting calm. "Do you have any likes? Maybe a prince who'll do anything for you—like me—or maybe your favorite food or symbol or—"

Sweetie slammed her paw on the table, Julius jumping back and almost losing equilibrium. Grabbing his balance, he tried to appear unfazed with a wavy smile, a bit glad that even after the quite violent manner, Sweetie's mouth opened to speak, his ear delighted to hear the upcoming answer. That was all that mattered.

"I like poison."

"Poison?" the prince repeated. "Why poison? It kills!"

"I'd rather die than hear your senseless cockiness," Sweetie answered without a trace of interest, turning away and hopping down her chair, leaving the prince shocked. He felt hurt and it sprouted his anger.