(S1-C14) • The Myth and The Legend •

The skies began to streak orange and Chase could only let his head hang down the side of his bed, his body keeping him from falling off as he wondered what the others were doing—both the PAW Patrol and the princesses. Everyone practically knew what he was up to. Nothing.

Rolling off the sheets, he dropped himself on the floor like a lazy person, slowly picking himself up one foot before another, travelling towards the wooden window with a view of the castle's uncovered center within. The tower he was in was a VIP seat if he could say so himself, easy for the eyes to catch everything. Tables were in rows on the open field of grass, with gaps between each line, covered by the cleanest magenta linens anyone would ever see. There were no chairs, apparently, leaving the upcoming guests standing throughout the feast, but tradition is tradition, and Chase failed to be intrigued in the people's ethics. The ice cream container was tempting though.

"Princess Sweetie, the metal chains around your neck must be removed! We should apprehend the look that is to be popular in streets and replace it with one that shows fancy and artful conception. Not to mention, your financial superiority, like the gifted Harrow Pearl Necklace from one of your... admiring princes."

Chase's eyes moved towards a crowd of maids and butlers, following the mentioned highness for some reason. It was strange how loud the voice was. It was like they wanted everyone to turn to them, or it was just how they organize through occasions. Only they would know.

"There, right there." Sweetie pointed to an area depraved of beautification, a man, looking to be a separated worker from the ones following her, bringing in the bundle of streamers he was carrying. She then turned around and targeted the eyes of those who were pestering her, staring into their souls with complete disgust, but her face was merely showing an irritated face. "My wishes are absolute, and if I desire to wear this rubbish—if that's what you want to uphold to me—then you will allow me. Do you understand?"

"Feisty," the Shepherd commented to himself, watching as the followers turned pale, glued to the ground while Sweetie headed away. Countless pairs of eyes turned towards her as she walked with power. On second thought, perhaps the rumours of her tyrannical ruling were true. To the Shepherd, it was just another day of Sweetie, so it was a bit intriguing how others still weren't used to her demeanor.

Chase yawned, clicking his tongue out of boredom. He doesn't feel like staying awake if he'll just watch on the sidelines while everyone else enjoys their time doing what they have and want to do in preparation. Then again, he feared to act like a rebel once more for his own selfish ideals.

Like lightning, the clouds in his mind were subdued in realization, questioning himself after all this time, Why did I allow Sweetie to venture anyway? Was her pitiful eyes before all an act to allow herself to be free while also subjecting me as the mastermind, hoping to ruin my reputation from The Princess's eyes? More importantly, why did I hop along the plan instead of stopping her friends? Was I tricked?

Chase softly scratched his head with both paws, running short of answers, and the face of his owner came into view in the most unexpected time, the train of past memories delivering the replay.

"You're asking why I took you in?" Ryder said. "It's simple actually. Other than how lost and broken you used to look, I..." his voice trailed, the last word spoken coming into fading repeat until silence, and the memory became fuzzy from Chase's head shaking violently, trying to forget that dark time.

He groaned, slapping both his cheeks simultaneously a few times until it turned vaguely red. His mind made a conclusion he disliked, pushing him to open the doors of his room. It was unlocked, most likely because of Beatrice's authority to be allowed entrance earlier before Chase conversed with his team.