(S2-C11) • Skydive •

"What do you mean we'we goin' extweme?" Zuma was the first to ask, releasing a morning breath before smacking his lips together, battling the sandman that urged him sleep.

Every pup was on their feet in front of the Lookout, eyes heavy and heads dropping. Their bodies wobbled against the power of the zephyr wind attempting to blow their awareness away, which made it a difficult fight for consciousness.

Chase, however, had his mind active despite being 3 in the morning, shown to him by his digital watch. His constant looking at it and to the sky was found to be questionable to the others, but with their grasp on reality slowly trying to turn to Dreamland, the pups couldn't ask what it was about.

Tapping the ground with a paw, Chase had a prince's smile—charming and well-behaved, expecting an event that's about to come, and his open eyes bled not a single ounce of tiredness despite the time. He was sitting on the faintly damp asphalt ground with his chest out, wearing nothing but the fur he grew with. Along with his excited heart and practice of waking up early, it was enough for him to withstand the lack of required rest.

A few minutes later, which felt like seconds to those who regained consciousness after closing their eyes several times again and again, they awoke from the sound of turbo blades from afar, but it was clear that it was heading towards their direction.

The light from their tower was the single landmark that helped see through the dark, and Chase knew that. He prepared for what was to come, after all.

As the plane grew bigger by the second, the deafening sound of the air vehicle caused everyone to squish their ears close with the use of their paws. The police pup alone was left unfazed, patient as the transportation slowly but surely flew down to their level, landing on the wide-enough bridge, slowing the spin of the blades.

Once the sounds halted, the door that led to the cockpit opened and a man came out with a bright smile, comparable to the Shepherd's. But that was a fact none could take account, shaken up from the noise when they would much rather lay down in their pup-houses where it was quiet.

"Greetings, Christopher. You got my message?" Chase struck a conversation, the pilot lifting up his phone to show the pup that he did receive, and he was ready for what was asked.

"Where are we going, Chase? Did Ryder even know about this before he left for his grandparents?"

Chase only patted the Dalmatian on his back when his friend sat down beside him, who was slow and steady while his clumsiness was still asleep, using a paw to magnet Marshall's eyes towards the pilot, who lowered the stairs that led up to a door and, ultimately, into the plane.

"Let me handle that, buddy."

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"Okay, Chase! This is high enough!" The shaky, spotted canine held onto the Shepherd, who only laughed out from the fearful action.

The others stared down from the glass windows as well. If their paws could sweat like a human's when they're anxious, they would've moistened everything they touched. The height was unbelievable! they thought. All they could see were incomplete images of land masses due to the clouds, and if those cotton balls were below someone, it almost definitely means that they're higher than they should be. Heck, the clouds seemed to be floating islands from their height, and it brought worry to most of them.

"Chase, we're not allowed to skydive this high. It's dangerous." Skye separated herself from the others who looked out, coming closer to the Shepherd that was clipping his parachute on and knocking on the top of his suit's helmet.

"I made everyone worry by how I acted yesterday, Skye. To redeem myself, I must give them a feeling they would never forget for the rest of their lives, and this is what I came up with. Besides, the pilot is a big fan. He said that there's a surprise in the parachutes he made. It would be rude to refuse the gift."