(S3-C9) • A Deeper Hole in the Deepest Well •

Cars turned towards rerouted paths, taking longer to reach their destination due to the blockage of roads. In the corner of the kingdom, quite a handful of metallic people were stopping civilians from entering.

A pup in a black suit, tight on her body which made her fluffy contour puff out even more. Her legs were covered, up to her neck, with her tail and head remaining able to breathe the same air. She appeared to have a lion's mane.

"The Princess of Barkingburg doing an investigation. Is that not an act that is forbidden?" Beatrice quipped, watching the tan female come to her with an outfit she could never imagine her wearing. It was the same as hers, with the only breathing space starting from her neck and up. Her hair was tied into a bun behind her, and her body enhanced its curviness from under the tight suit. It emphasized her ample chest and slim waist, like a supermodel. Unsurprising for a royal with their strict diets.

"It's for the greater good of Barkingburg, especially since I won't allow the news about Sweetie to be kept hidden." Coraline pulled her new grey gloves, looking like something only Special Ops would wear. "The people deserve to know to heighten their care for their loved ones. Besides, thine wish to behold herself to those who laid down Hades' wrath on dear Sweetie. Else, thou hath need to attend corse tribute thee hereupon their hunteth eftsoon, shalt my wroth spring forth against thine nature and seize thou acts." (The people deserve to know to heighten their care for their loved ones. Besides, I wish to see for myself those who hurt Sweetie. If not, I would need to attend their funeral after the hunt, should my anger get the better of my usual nature and control my actions.)

The knights around them ignored what was spoken, for the conversation served as a privacy only the well-educated had the luxury of understanding.

The gear both princesses had were worn during special occasions only, which was why it was brought out today, yet royals weren't supposed to use them. Only the best of their people should, but the anger within them may be what has been the reason to cause this.

Among the guards present was Antonio, who was the closest to the two. He listened to them and their thoughts about the situation, feeling bad after he heard wind about Sweetie's situation. His fingers tightened on the thin, cylindrical build of his wooden spear.

It wasn't long before he, a few other knights, and the two princesses began their descent. Using axes, a pair of knights chopped a hole on the floor, allowing entrance before they hopped all down, turning towards the trap door leading to the underground, which was already open. Antonio figured it was the doing of the new pup, Peregrine, when he saved The Princess's pooch. Forming the imagination, he couldn't help but grit his teeth, seeing a faint trail of red on the ladder and metal surface leading to the underground.

He was snapped back from the sight of The Princess setting her legs down the hole, Beatrice standing beside her as she peeked through, ready to enter. He envied their ability to digest the scene almost instantly. He also noticed he was in the same boat with the other knights, their leather gloves tightening on their weapons, may they be axes, swords, or halberds. They all felt nauseated.

The ground lacking response to the feathery feet of both the teenager and the pup, they proceeded with a flashlight, held with a reverse grip on the young human's right hand.

She shined down on the tiny circles of dry, splattered droplets straining the floor, leading deeper into the place, moments before they arrived at a big room. The tracks led farther down into another room, and upon arriving, both black-suited beings took a deep as they saw through the transparent glass.

They went inside to catch sight of the small puddle of blood that spread in the center of the cemented room. It was still slightly wet; it was unable to seep itself as paint into the ground, and Antonio's breathing went shallow, taking note of the dangling chains with cuffs attached to them.