(S1-C5) • Persuasion •

The clopping of hooves on the private terrain bolstered the confidence of the cheering abductors. High noon was nearing in a few hours, and the plan was to take shade before the fierce heat strikes them. Worry was out of context, for after their flawless getaway, they witnessed being unstoppable. Let the momentum continue.

As they rode like the wind, heading to the final lock towards their freedom that was positioned on the massive wall led by a path, a small voice cut their merriment.

"Are you taking me hostage?"

Chase tilted his head down, noticing he was carefully watched by the fragile critter he was carrying. She looked incredibly vulnerable as she remained a white ball of warm fur, holding her mechanical toy against her chest with soft, child eyes with parted lips that showed her equanimity for an answer.

"No, Your Majesty. We're only going to have a time around town. You have yet to see the attractions, delicacies, and items you will never find in your place of richness," Chase reassured, the bareback riding passengers on the other horse beaming. They saw chemistry finally forming between the often adversaries, and it was wondrous—even miraculous! "You're so small just like Sky—"

"I only asked if you were gonna demand a ransom, not compare me to a filthy mutt." Sweetie's manner suddenly changed, her rigid eyebrows and dead serious lining of her mouth causing her friends to stumble a bit on their own mount, losing their equilibrium for a moment after the unforeseen hostility. "S-sorry," the Shepherd apologized awkwardly, twisting his trunk to place Sweetie behind him. His thoughts evilly told him to throw the load away, but he wasn't tempted by them. As much as he would've enjoyed it, he remained level-headed, as opposed to the flamy eyed Beatrice, who looked like she was about to rip someone's throat out while she made clawing motions with her paws, the rider, Maria, having to restrain her by placing an arm in front of her friend.

It's quite lively with the four of us together, the kind princess of consideration had thought, continuing their path towards the walls steadily.

The young rays of light, slow yet prevailing against the shadows, had set upon the lands, striving to bring a beautiful morning. It mirrored against the brown pup's irises, his tiny curve of satisfaction appearing. All knew his constant feeling of regret from disobeying nagging behind his mind, but past all that, he was a caged bird himself. Only difference was, he had a chance to live life. With supervision and rules to follow, that is. So he'd rather call this a "change" than a "rebellion".

On the other hand, Maria relaxed herself from the focus on the road, wiping a few tense sweat from her cheeks with a paw, turning to the passenger behind Chase. Sweetie was surprisingly calm in paradox to her intensely terrified scream from before, sitting down with her head high, eyes closed and fur drifting along the cool and moist fan of nature. It was amazing how her bangs flowed along, unlike Beatrice's. Actually, the Pomeranian has been annoyed to the utmost of her limit, the wind blasting her bangs in her eyes and into mouth, being the only other pup who likes strands of hair on her forehead. Of course, that excludes tasting them, but she didn't have the perfect, unbreakable hairstyle Sweetie had.

No going back now, huh? Chase held the reins, speaking to the second pair. Sweetie was unprepared for the insubordination earlier in the castle. However, her soul held her back from making a fuss about it, waiting for extensive years to finally experience what it's like to travel. To experience being the one who makes the decisions for herself. It was exciting, how she imagined how everything would go. Much so that she was hearing echoes, to which she opened her view to a concerned pup.

"Are you okay, Princess?" Sweetie heard Chase's question, turning her head to see both her friends having the same look he had. She drifted away in the waves of thoughts at such a distance, the first few repeated calls were unable to go through. "Y-yeah. Keep riding, mongrel."