(S2-C10) • Sucker for Love •

The ascending of the sun was shorter than anyone expected, and now that it was high up in the clouds, the pups lined up in front of their Lookout. As a team of highly active rescuers, there was but a slim chance of them returning to bed due to the early wake-up for the celebrated return of their leader and co-leader. They had put effort in it during the days before, and the excitement got the best of them, as well as their bodies' manners of staying energetic for whatever mission they had to encounter.

With Ryder standing in front of his pups, he raised an arm and motioned Marshall as to come hither, who had a small bounce in his steps as he came towards their owner.

"What is it, Ryder?" he asked, the human kneeling down and cupping the Dalmatian's ear, the shushes of his whispering words barely heard. "Oh, sure. I can lead." The pup pulled away, his mile long smile becoming comfort for the teenager.

"By the way, before you do, where is Chase?" Ryder lifted himself up off the ground, turning his head to find the brown pup's absent presence. Weird, especially since he was the one who often calls for his teammates for their morning routine, and yet, he was the one who was late.

Marshall replied, with a bit of uncertainty in his voice, "He told me he had something to do."

Ryder nodded, replaying the awkward conversation he and his buddy had back in the Air Patroller, and perhaps he just needed some rest.

"I'll be going then, Marshall. Still gotta prepare some stuff for my trip to my grandparents."

"Sure, Ryder. Stay safe!" Marshall waved at the leaving leader, an ear picking up the sound of small talk coming from his friends, turning around. "Pups, Ryder entrusted me to lead the exercise for today. Follow my steps all the way."

"Just don't fall, we don't know how your magic works," Rocky commented, causing a fit of laughter to erupt, and Marshall shook his head in gladness.

"I won't. Now, follow my lead."

The breeze was cool, perfect for a tiresome occasion, and the sky's light was blocked by the floating cotton balls, the fresh day becoming one of the best for the team despite the sweat. If it was to rain later in the afternoon, that would give them the opportunity to stay indoors and play the new board game they found in one of the storage trunks, but that was hoping for the coincidental best. For now, they only needed to finish what they had to do before they could play in their green field once again, Rubble's eyes latched upon the long rubber made for a pulling war which they forgot to notice in their yesterday cleaning.

An hour long workout later, Marshall heaved out a loud exhale. "We done it, pups!" he cheered, resulting in a chained, tired celebration, one that every pup was proud of achieving, despite doing such a simple task for self-care.

Immediately, Zuma moved away to behind the lined pups, charging in and pushing Rocky down on the grass, quickly getting off and crouching by his side as he growled in excitement. A little roughhousing in play, Rocky giggled, rolling back to his feet and crouching down to return the growl right before Zuma runs away. The Bulldog sprinted off with his tiny little legs to follow them, Marshall standing up to come as well.

"Come on, Skye. Let's play!" he insisted, the Cockapoo shaking her head from left to right in repetition.

"Gotta take my water break first, I'm parched."

"Alrighty, come back once you finish," Marshall noted, earning a small nod before the female turned away, heading back into the Lookout for her well-deserved break as he ran off. She wanted to play with the others but due to her small stature, she was easier to get tired. But that won't stop her from having fun.