Even I can agree that this is a bigger bite than I can chew.

I was glad my friends actually trusted me to go on my own since the wound on my stomach is turning into a scab slowly. It seems to be healing a lot faster...

The only requirement to this idea of mine was to keep a communicator on me. So now I have one of those cool looking watches with the touch screen. It's all to keep contact.

My course took change when Nya called. Neuro had gotten a message from Skylor using her powers to send him a mental message.

She was on the complete opposite side of the island from where the mansion is.

Following Skylor's aura, I eventually found myself at a cave entrance. Before I could head in, I heard one of Chen's vehicles pull up.

Kai jumped out delighted to see me. "It's just you and I" he says and already started down into the cavern with haste. "C'mon, we gotta act quick."

Swiftly traversing the cavern, I ignored my surroundings as rock transitioned to blue crystal with each step. I could see Skylor's life force pulsing in the darkness. Glowing like a kaleidoscope with a multitude of varying colors.

Soon enough, Kai and I found ourselves in the main chamber. The walls and foundation were all a blue crystal. Reflecting light to appear as ice.

Kai's feet came to an abrupt halt as the two of us stumbled in on Chen and his two goons. Green magic swirled around the cavern, giving off a ghostly forbidden aura.

Gawking in horror, I witnessed Chen and his followers transform into Anacondrai, with the Master sprouting a tail.

"Now I am the most powerful warrior to ever rule Ninjago!" Chen exclaimed and marveled at the purple scales that covered his body.

"We're too late" Kai gasped as he stepped in front of me protectively as the fake Anacondrai looked our way.

Eyebrows knitted together as the vision of Anacondrai reared its head in my mind once again. I've seen them before.

Without even thinking, Kai lunged at Chen, blasting him and his followers with fire. It was not effective.

"You think a little fire can hurt the thick hide of an Anacondrai?" Chen sneered throwing Kai into a crystal pillar.

With his back turned, I ran to Skylor's side and knelt before the transformed Master of Amber.

"Are you alright?" I asked while getting the shackles off her wrists and assessing her health.

The former redhead averted her gaze in shame. "Don't look at me..." She muttered.

Reaching out, my hand tilted her head to look at me "Hey, it's okay" I cooed smiling at Skylor.

Helping her to her feet, we grabbed Kai and fled the cavern before Chen and his followers could mince us to pieces.

~~~

Kai rode his fire Dragon he had formed with his element as me and Skylor sat behind him.

We were meeting up with the others as I heard Zane say from the mansion "I faced my fear. When I realized it wasn't something in front of me that held me back. It was something inside me and it pushed me to find a deeper power."

"Zane's right. We all have this power inside all of us. But you have to see that it's not the Anacondrai we're afraid of, it's our doubt" Kai added in as he rode his fire dragon to everyone who was on the roof of the mansion.

"Divided, we failed. But together, we will succeed."

The Elemental Masters cheered and proceeded to jump off the ledge of the wall summoning their own elemental dragons.

Kai flew in close and let me get off. I watched each glowing dragon circle the sky in all their brilliance. All I could do was watch from a distance as they were leagues above me.

I was left to my own thoughts. Lamenting on how I will not be reaching the clouds anytime soon. I'm chained to the ground. On the other hand, I was happy for my friends.

I didn't hear Jay call my name, despite him being right above me on his Dragon.

When I finally answered, I tilted my head.

"Can't you summon a Dragon?" He asked me.

"Afraid not." I hummed with a reserved gaze locked on my hands. "That's not happening any time soon..."

"Well, in the meanwhile...Why not hop on?" My brother offered and I smiled, I jumped on and sat behind him as he flew off with his Dragon as we all headed to Ninjago City.

~~~

Author's Edit: Oct 12, 2023

~~~