The Rescue: End

Maddox opened the back door, and they slipped inside. The Old Way had started a riot on the opposite side of the facility. Hunter had to give it to Maddox. He knew what would get their attention, and sure enough, it made getting inside easier. They hide behind some crates as Maddox pulls up a map. "Alright, your people should be here on the lower level. I'm going to circle back to make sure things are going smoothly with my guys."

"That's fine. Hunter and I can handle ourselves," Isiah said while checking his gun. 

"I'd prefer if the body count were kept to a minimum," Maddox said.

"If they shoot first, then I shoot back. Simple as that," Isiah said, peering over the crates. "Hunter, let's go."

"Good luck," Hunter said to Maddox as they hurried down the hall. Isiah led the way as they moved as quietly as possible. They were about to round the corner as two guards approached. "Hold up!" 

"What the hell are those idiots thinking? Are they trying to get themselves killed? How the hell didn't we see them coming?!"

"Beats me. All I know is that President Young is on his way. I don't know if he's still going to--" The guard paused as Isiah came into view. 

"Excuse me, gents, I'm looking for the folks you captured earlier. Mind telling me where they are? Or better yet, taking us there?" 

Hunter cursed under his breath as he came out of hiding. Both of the guards gasped. "It's him! Capture him!"

Isiah turned to Hunter and laughed, "Looks like you're famous."

Hunter rolled his eyes and stepped forward, "Listen, I'm not in the mood for this. Tell me where my friends are, and you get to leave with all of your teeth. Deal?"

"You think we're scared of some Unrated garbage?" One of the guards said as he took out an electric baton. "We bring you in, and we'll get promoted for sure."

"Alright, don't blame me for what happens next," Hunter said, moving fast towards the guards. Isiah was right behind him. Hunter kicked off the wall and slammed his fist into the first guard's face. Knocking the guard's helmet off and sending him stumbling back. Hunter was on top of him in seconds. Not giving him a second to recover, Hunter kept slamming his fist into the guard's jaw as blood and teeth flew everywhere. As soon as he got some of his rage out of his system, Hunter sat back and saw that Isiah was watching him. "When did you finish?!"

"Like ten minutes ago. I was having fun watching you. Didn't want to ruin your moment," Isiah said as he waved a card around. "Keycard for the elevator. I also got my guy to tell me where they are. Let's move."

The doors barely opened before Hunter bolted down the hall. Isiah moved quickly down the hall until he stopped in front of a cell. He moved aside so Hunter could see Alissa smiling at him. 

Isiah placed his hand on Hunter's shoulder and unlocked the door with the keycard. "Hey, Ro-" Isiah was tackled to the floor as Rose jumped on him.

"You idiot! I was worried about you!" Rose said, slamming her fist into his mask. Isiah was just lying there and taking it. "Well? Say something!"

"I'm sorry?" Isiah said, gently pushing her off of him.

"Sorry?! You're gonna be sorry!" Rose said, still punching him.

Hunter laughed as he locked eyes with Alissa. "Hey," He said shyly.

"Hey," Alissa said with tears in her eyes. They embraced each other before either of them knew it. "I missed you so much. I was worried that-"

"Shhh," Hunter said, holding her tight. "It's okay. Everything's okay now." He moved some of her hair out of her face and kissed her deeply. Her lips send a warm feeling throughout his body. "She smells so good."

Both of them pulled away as the sound of Zach clearing his throat finally reached them. "Don't I get a hug too?"

Hunter laughed and hugged Zach. "Fine, but a kiss is extra."

Zach pushed him away. "Please, these lips are for one woman only. Why would I want your fugly mug anywhere near this greatness."

Alissa put her hand on the side of Hunter's face, "I like his fugly mug."

"You're the only one that can say that. Wait..." Hunter laughed. "We should get going. Shaun and Zoey are waiting outside."

Zach's light-hearted expression turned to concern, "My sister is here?"

"Yeah, and she may or may not have a sword," Hunter said, rubbing the back of his head and laughing. "But seriously, we should get going. Isiah?"

"Yeah? Isiah said, groaning. "What the hell? I get beat up, and you get a welcome party? What sort of messed up world is this?" Suddenly, Isiah turned around and pushed Rose back. Just in time to avoid getting shot. Hunter and the others hurried into the hallway to see the last person they expected.

"Shit," Hunter growled.

"Oh, don't leave just yet. You Unrated filth," President Young said with a crowd of guards around him.