Test One: Alissa and Rose Part One

Alissa couldn't understand why they were there. There were at least fifteen of them sitting around waiting for instructions. No one knew anything. The only thing they were told was to stay here until further notice. She wondered how everyone else was. 

"So, that guy. Hunter, was it? Do you fancy him?" Rose asked.

"Yeah, I do. I hope he's alright."

"He's with my hard-headed brother. He should be fine. I give him a lot of crap, but Izzy is a good guy. At least to me. Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," Alissa said.

"I know Izzy is doing some shady stuff. When I was in his house, I found some weird stuff. I mean, he left me alone in his big fancy house. I got bored. He had these papers that had different people on them, along with descriptions. It reminded me of some 007 shite. He said he worked for President Young, so I thought it was just work stuff. Kind of freaked me out."

Alissa wished she could tell Rose what kind of person Isiah really was. However, she would never do that. It was safer if she didn't know. "I understand. That would freak me out too."

"I wish they'd hurry up. I'm getting bloody tired." Rose looked towards a group looking at them in quick glances. "What do they want?"

Alissa followed her gaze and noticed the same thing. "Wonder why they keep looking at us?"

As if they heard them, the group of participants started walking over. There were three of them, two girls and one guy. "Hey, you're the girl that freaked out earlier right? We saw you run out of the dining hall," The guys said.

"So?" Alissa asked.

"So, why are you here? You clearly aren't cut out for this. You should just quit," One of the girls laughed.

"Hey, Faith? Do you smell something? It smells like assholes. Funny, it started as soon as you dickheads came over. Why don't you go back to your little corner and stop bothering us. With your three collective brain cells, that shouldn't be that hard. Go on then, shoo!" Rose waved them away.

"Who asked you?" The guy asked. 

Rose stood up and looked him in his eyes. "No one, you limp dick prick. You really don't want to piss me off. I'm from The Bronze Zone, so I know how to get my hands dirty. If you want to see the actual games, then I suggest you piss off now."

The guy rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You better watch your back." He said, walking away with the others.

"Wow, Rose. That was awesome," Alissa said.

"Nah, it was just some twat trying to be all big and bad. He's all talk. I'm used to people like them. Don't worry; I got you."

Suddenly two people in all-white uniforms came in with three Obsidian guards. 

"Hello, everyone. My name is Val, and this is Jordan. We'll be your test administrators. You've probably already guessed that the real Rating Games have begun. From this point on, you will be tested and scored based on both individual and team tests. This is the first team task. You will need to form groups of five and figure out a way to get out of this room and back to the hotel without getting caught. We have other admins outside waiting to capture you. If you get caught, you will be eliminated. Points will be awarded to those who make it inside the hotel. That is the safe zone. Any questions?"

Alissa raised her hand. "Do all of our team need to make it to the hotel?'

Val smiled. "It would be favorable if you all made it, but mistakes do happen. We will begin as soon as you form teams."

Participants frantically tried to find group members. Alissa looked around and noticed the group from before; not having any luck, Alissa and Rose came to the same realization. They'd have to work with them. Everyone else was already grouped. Alissa and Rose walked over to them. "Listen, I think that little stunt you pulled made you less favorable to everyone else. We're you're the only option. Unless you want to get eliminated," Alissa said with a smirk. "I'm Faith, and this is Rose."

"Danny," The guy said.

"Sidney and this is Blair," Sidney said, looking disinterested. "I guess it's better than nothing."

"Gee, thanks," Rose said. "Trust me; if I had another choice, I'd be gone already. Like it or not, Faith is right. We need to work together. Once we get to the hotel, then we can forget you exist, and you can do the same. Fair? Grand."

"Okay, everyone is grouped up, so let's begin. Good luck, everyone," Val said, exiting the room with the guards and Jordan. As soon as they left, the lights turned off. Covering everyone in darkness.