"I don't know either" I chuckled and glanced over at Mindroid, who stared at me with an intense crimson stare.

"I'm not sorry about your boss. Have a good existence" I said bluntly, winking and saluting the nindroid before turning the motorcycle around to head to the temple.

Me and Nya went separate ways, the girl wanting to help get the citizens to safety. Driving past the buildings, the temple was finally in my sights.

Except there was another obstacle in the way. The Overlord blocked the way with his nindroid army, trying to break through the compounds protective blue barrier. There was nothing to do, I knew I couldn't break through the barrier nor get close enough to teleport in.

"Pixal what was the plan Cyrus made?" I asked the android as I turned the bike around. She got to explaining the plan as I drove off to help the citizens get to safety.

~~~

As I drove through Ninjago City I heard an explosion erupt and looked up. Chunks of a building started to fall down. A chunk of cement was about to fall atop of a man. I revved the engine and skid to a stop next to the man as I held my arm up forcing a blue barrier to hover over my arm as the chunk of cement destroyed into many pieces.

I got off my motorcycle and saw Skales emerge from a pot hole shouting to the citizens "People of Ninjago, follow me!"

Pixel and I helped the people into the sewer, familiarizing them with Skales and the Serpentine.

I looked up and saw the others being snatched up by the Overlord, my eyes widened and I gasped. I saw they were dropped by Zane hanging onto the Overlord, I rushed over to them, checking them for any injuries.

"He's not letting go!" Lloyd exclaimed as Zane's power source grew a brighter and brighter light blue lighting up the sky.

"His heart! It's reaching critical mass!" Jay cried out in worry. "If his heart overloads, he's blow! He'll never survive" Cole added in.

"Let go of him Zane!" Kai shouted up to the nindroid in fear "What is he doing?!"

My hands clenched tightly. I removed my jacket that Iris was in and handed it to Jay as I dashed off.

"Wha? Wait! Sis, no! Don't go!"

I ignored the call as I quickly started to climb up a building.

Zane was tightly holding onto the golden armor of the Overlord when I arrived.

"Zane!" I called and he whipped his head around to look at me. I jumped over to him as I hung into the Overlord, feeling the power of the elemental weapons course through my body.

"Asteria! You can't be here!" Zane exclaimed.

"I'm helping you defeat him once and for all!" I said and Zane nodded as our friends were let go.

"Go ninja! Go!" Both Zane and I shouted as he shot a beam of ice at the Overlord and I shot lighting off my right hand.

"NOOO!!" The Overlord shouted and a bright light flashed before my eyes as I was shot backwards.

I felt the aching pain through my body go away until I felt another one at my stomach. I took in a hiss of breath as I rolled across the roof of the building but then fell off the edge, I grabbed onto the edge of the building but accidentally let go as I fell to the ice ground and slid across it, my back bumping against a different building.

I gritted my teeth as I held my stomach with my right hand.

Moments passed by and I heard the others calling my name. I slowly rose to my feet and looked. I slowly walked to them.

"Asteria!" Jay hugged me, I hugged back with a single hand and he pulled away. I noticed something in Cole's hands.

It was Zane's faceplate.

Nya cried into Cole's shoulder, I frowned. Iris poked her head out from my jacket Jay held and exclaimed worriedly "Blood! Injured!"

Jay looked "Huh? Iris, what's wrong?" He asks and she points the tip of her tail at me. Everyone stared at me curiously.

"Sis...?" Jay asks. I felt tears in my eyes as I slowly removed my hand. Blood was all over it as it soaked my shirt.

Jay gasped. "No! No, no, no, no!" He rushed over to me and made me lay down while holding me in his arms.

Tears started to roll down his cheeks "You'll be okay, it's okay...Stay awake, please!"

The others couldn't do anything but just watch in fear as I bled out. Tears ran down my cheeks as I clutched my brother's hand "Jay..."

"What? What is it? Talk to me, please." My brother pleaded.

I cried "It hurts...It hurts so much..."

"Am I really going to die like this? Not knowing who I really was...?" I asked as my face stained with my tears.

His eyes widened as he cried, hugging me "No. No, please. It's gonna be okay...I'll keep you safe."

My eyes started to get heavy and I leaned my head on my brother "Jay...Thank you. S-So much for allowing me in your life..."

"No, don't do this to me! Please!" Jay exclaimed, knowing why I said that.

Iris slithered to my shoulder and booped her nose against my cheek "Asteria..."

I petted Iris weakly and felt my eyes close. My hand unconsciously fell to the ground as everything went black, my brother's cries echoing in my head.

~~~

Author's Edit: Oct 12, 2023

~~~