MEET A GIRL PART-2

Previous chapter...
"SYN!" Someone roared. Both Toothless and SYN jumped in surprise before turning over to see who had shouted. In the commotion, SYN dropped the bottle to the ground, though luckily it was sealed tight to prevent the contents from spilling on the ground and costing Alvis a much-needed meal.

NOW...
.............................................................

It was the oranged hair Viking with a little beard forming around his jawline from earlier in the forest, the one Toothless knocked over. Next to him was another Viking, a boy about Syn's age. He had black hair, short and wavy, arms only slightly larger than Hiccup's, a pumped chest with a necklace made of dragon fangs hanging upon it, a sleeveless tunic tucked into his gray pants held up by a belt, boar fur wristbands, and leather boots like Syn's. They both had just appeared from out of nowhere, rather uncharacteristic for humans, Toothless figured, especially ones as large and slow as Vikings, now standing just barely ten feet away from them. The oranged hair man's facial expression was hard to read: it was a chaotic mix of rage, shock, fear and concern, with the last two tying for the win.

"Syn, whatever you do, don't move," he said slowly and cautiously, moving his hand behind his back to reach for his weapon. "Just stand perfectly still."

"Why?" Syn asked innocently, like she wasn't three feet from a dragon that could reduce her to a pile of ash in a second.

"Syn, just stand still, before that thing kills you," said the boy, anger clearly welling up in his voice.

'I'm not a THING,' Toothless growled as he turned to the black-haired boy. Classic Viking arrogance and ignorance. He thanked the Gods that the seemingly natural trait skipped his unconscious rider altogether.

"Asmund,Raoul he's nice," Syn said while laughing as if the two were crazy.

"It's a dragon!" The boy, who must have been Raoul, yelled suddenly in anger as he full-on glared at the naïve girl, making Toothless apprehensive "You know that dragons are vicious, destructive killers! They're always trying to do us in; they raid our food and rip us apart limb from limb! Do you want to experience that yourself!?"

Toothless glared at him, sick of all the accusations being pointed towards his kind just because the humans were too stubborn and selfish to look at the bigger picture. 'I'm so sick of you people calling us monsters!' The dragon screeched, scaring the living daylights out of the two Viking males. 'I kill you because I HAVE to! Don't push me to do it now'

Raoul's little story was obviously meant to scare Syn into cooperating, but she did not look even the tiniest bit concerned - in fact she looked downright exasperated, crossing her arms like she'd heard this a million times. "Aw, shut up, Raoul. You need to stop listening to those stupid stories from the other villagers - you know as well as I do they tell them just to spook us and whip up another batch of dragon killers every generation. Honestly, I think they're influencing you a little too much."

'I'm already liking this girl more and more.' Toothless purred with a smugly content look on his face as he looked to Syn, who turned to notice the sound before turning back to Raoul.

"See?!" Syn gestured to Toothless's purring; obviously she didn't catch his sly look and figured he was just happy, which he was.

"Syn, your father is right inside," Asmund threatened."Don't make me go get him."

"Or what?!" Syn demanded. "He'll ground me for another month?!"

"What is wrong with you!? Did Chief Harold drop you on the head or something when you were a baby?" Raoul yelled in pure aggravation. "You never listen to anyone, you're always wasting time with those stupid books of yours, you have the attention span of a squirrel... Your dad takes you on a fishing trip, and you go looking for trolls!"

"Trolls exist!" Asmund shouted back at Raoul, turning to face him and almost forgetting about Toothless for a second. "They steal your socks!" Then he muttered, "But only the left ones."

"Yeah, what's up with that?" Syn asked.

"Don't change the subject!" Raoul yelled loudly at Asmund, then pushed him away harshly before returning his attention to the crazy girl in front of him. His lung-bursting volume reduced to an infuriated growl. "Just get. Away. From. That. DRAGON!" He ordered through clenched teeth.

"Go jump in a ditch, you butt-elf!" Syn yelled back, her volume as loud as Raoul's had been earlier. "You're not the boss of me, or anyone else, so stop acting like you are!"

"If that thing eats you-"

"He is not a thing!" Syn barked as she let out the last word.

"-Don't come cryin' to me, you useless girl!"

"If he really does eat me," Syn said. "Then I hope I come back as a ghost, so I can haunt you for the rest of your life, you big..." And with that Syn began yelling a rainbow of curses at Raoul. By the time she was finished, Raoul's jaw had nearly dropped to the ground in disbelief – never had he been so insulted in his life. Raoul was something of a big-shot around the village here – a skilled warrior who could command authority from anyone, even older Vikings. He was a Viking prodigy, and there had been rumors going around that Harold was going to pick him to be the next Chief, since Syn, aside from being a girl, was too airheaded and inattentive to do it. His shocked look turned to one of anger as he raised his clutched hands shakily before throwing them on the ground and crossing his arms over his chest, turning away to avoid looking at her.

Asmund was already heading toward Syn to just pull her away, an extended arm reaching out to grab her wrist and pull her away from the now TWO things about ready to kill her where she stood. But Syn pulled back, and walked point-blank over to Toothless, picking up the bottle from the ground.

"May I please have the baby for a few minutes?" She asked calmly with all evidence of any previous anger she had shown to the Raoul boy vanished. "He's probably very hungry and you don't have any hands to hold the bottle to feed him yourself."

Alvis babbled again in between his tears in his little baby language, probably something along the lines, 'Yes! Feed me!' His tiny tummy growled. He was a smart baby, Toothless figured; apparently intelligence was something that ran in their little family.

Toothless figured that trusting her was less dangerous than trusting some of the other people around here, present company included. With that, Toothless moved his wing out of the way and folded it back beside his large body, and Syn walked over to Alvis, picked him up and cradled him in the crook of her left arm, putting the bottle in his mouth, which he grabbed as he sucked on the top, drinking in the still warm yak milk inside. Toothless was watching the whole process, along with the girl herself, carefully – he wasn't about to completely trust her just yet.

"See now?" She asked Asmund and Raoul while her eyes remained focused on the baby. "The dragon didn't kill this baby, in fact, he protected it – that should prove he isn't evil."

Asmund was shocked to hear the truth of the situation and see what was happening now, while Raoul was still at the side, scowling. Asmund walked over next to Syn to take a close look at the baby, once again forgetting about the menacing Night Fury behind him.

"Eh, he is a cute little pipsqueak." Asmund said, fawning over the little baby. "So what do you think a baby like this was doing with that boy we found in the woods, and what was the kid doing with a dragon for that matter?" He absentmindedly pointed his thumb back to Toothless.

"That, Asmund, is something you'll have to take up with the boy when he wakes up." Syn said looking up to Asmund as the baby finished his bottle. "But you shouldn't worry about doing that."

"Really? Why not?" Asmund asked, confused. Even Raoul raised an eyebrow in curiosity as he halfway turned to face the girl.

"Because I intend to ask him myself."

..........................................................................
See you in the next chapter:)