Ken vs Terry

[Boomstick: Hey Wiz, what has blonde hair, wears red, and fights like hell?

Wiz: Uh, today's fighters?

Boomstick: Aww, you guessed it.]

Parasoul raised an eyebrow. "Are they trained formally, or are they both merely brawlers?" She asked.

"I'd say former for Ken, latter for Terry." Annie guessed.

[Boomstick: Ken Masters, the street-fighting family man.]

"Those two qualities don't belong anywhere near each other." Ben remarked.

"Oh, it just means he has time for his family and his hobbies." Squigly retorted.

[Wiz: And Terry Bogard, the orphan turned king of fighters.]

"A tournament title..." Cerebella guessed.

"Classic rags to richest story." Valentine noted.

[Wiz: As the son of a rich hotel tycoon, young Ken Masters wanted for nothing.]

"Heh... Ah, rich boys... You expect them to be one way, then they get into fights for the thrill of it." Cerebella commented.

"Your experience is...not universal." Valentine said flatly.

[Boomstick: Stupid rich kids, why don't their parents ever teach 'em any real values, like squirrel cooking or how to throw a punch?]

"Because squirrel meat is gross?" Filia piped up.

"And 'cause squirrels are cute, and not food." Peacock huffed. Hey, she liked rodents. Rodents and birds.

[Wiz: Well, turns out, Ken's an exception. Eager to teach his son some discipline, his father sent him to Japan to train in martial arts.]

"Oh? Was he...a delinquent or some such?" Squigly asked.

"Probably just trying to nip any potential bad behavior in the bud." Annie shrugged.

"Indeed, learning martial arts is a fine way to hone one's mind and find oneself." Leviathan said with an approving nod.

[Boomstick: Yeah, turns out Ken's dad was buddies with the master karate hermit Gouken, who Ken trained under for a decade, alongside a young warrior named Ryu.]

"Well that's a pretty damn long time. His old man at least remember to pay him a visit every now an' then?" Peacock asked quietly.

"A sad fact of life is, far too many of the upper class don't with to spend time with their children, as many old friends would attest to." Squigly sighed.

[Wiz: Under Gouken's eye, Ken was taught the ways of the Ansatsuken or "Assassination Fist", albeit Gouken's own non-lethal variant.]

"Non-lethal...based on an art intended for assassination?" Ben boggled.

"I'm amazed. A human made something LESS dangerous for once." Double snorted.

[Boomstick: He learned techniques like the blast of ki energy known as the Hadoken, and also the Tatsu-monkey Senpu-kyaka.]

"There is NO way he got that right." Umbrella giggled.

"Yeah, cause we heard the name way back when his buddy Ryu fought." Nadia snickered.

[Wiz: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, also known as the "Hurricane Kick", a spinning kick that leaves opponents reeling, but is also pretty good for getting past projectiles.]

"Well, I'd definitely be learning that if I got the chance." Beowulf admitted.

"Indeed, projectiles are your greatest weakness." Double taunted with a smirk.