"What!" I answered in a high tone. "Why did you bring me here?" there was mixed criticism of what I said to him and it seems he noticed it.

"Do you really think you can pass through those creatures with the mental break happened to you right there?"

There was no irritation or criticism in what he said and even more obvious was the extreme concern over what had happened to me.

"I'm sorry." I immediately apologized.

"You don't have to. It's not your fault that you cannot control your own power."

"What power are you talking about? Because I'm so confused right now and I don't think I'll be in my right mind if these things continue."

"I already told you that you're a 'Questor', the one that can travel--"

"Through time and space," I said cutting him off. "My abilities or powers or whatever you call it. I have no idea what was that. And if... just if... those things do exist on me then, what was those dark creatures that was about to come closer to me?"

"Not this time."

"F@ck up, Almos! Just tell who the hell those are?!" I yelled.

"Calm down please. And stop cursing because we're still in the church."

That was the time that I finally realize that we're still around the church. I quickly back off and take a deep breath before I replied.

"Okay! Just please, explain to me whatever you know. And don't ever think that I won't understand a thing because I can, okay."

Almos firmly stare at me and it took him longer before he surrender a deep sighed. "Alright, you win. I'll tell you." He said. "They are Demons."

"Wh-what?!"

"Yes, Demons."

I was shock but then why 'Demons'? "Wh-why are they here?"

"To get you."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because you're a 'Maiden Spirit'."

"What was that?"

"You--" he was about to answer when suddenly a nun came and interrupted us.

"Excuse me." the nun said that we both look at her. "I'm sorry but you are not allowed to be here."

"We're sorry, Sister." Almos replied that took me by surprise. "We got lost and could not find a way to get out of this place. We're so sorry about that."

"Oh, is that so. You have nothing to worry about, many are really lost in this area but anyway, I can guide you back to the front."

"We appreciate it, Sister." he answered.

"It's my duty to help." She replied. "Follow me."

"Yes, Sister." Almos agreed but before he could step forward I quickly hold the hem of his shirt that made him to look back at me. "You'll be fine." He said as if he understands the fear that begins to build up after knowing that we're going back at the front of the church.

"But..." hesitation was added but then he suddenly grabs my hand and holds it tight.

"I'll be here with you." He said and gives me a lighter smile that melts my heart away.

...

"Th-thank you." I said after we came back from where he found me. And I'm so relieved that the outside surrounding finally comes back to normal.

"No need to thank me because that is my duty. To protect you."

"Why?"

He intently looks me in the eyes. "Seriously, I don't know why."

I'm speechless and let ourselves fall into silence as we stare to each other.

*** ***