| Chapter 28 |

A week passed since we set up Jiwoo and Changbin. Surprisingly she didn't mention it at all. But we also didn't ask her about it. Instead we decided to just give her time to tell us about it.
_

By myself I walk to my favorite class and yes, I am being sarcastic when I say that. Considering how I embarrassed myself with my 'rap"..
When I arrive in front of the classroom all my classmates stand in front of the room. Confused I walk over to Chan, who gives me a small smile, before continuing to chat with his friends. A few moments later our teacher joins us. He explains that we will go to the hall. Many confused look later we arrive there and sit down. Immediately I feel a tap on my shoulder. When I turn around I see Minho, who is smiling at me. I smile back.

"Hello students. As you all know, the year is slowly but surely is the year almost over. As that my colleagues and I decided to give everyone a real show! Since we have multiple different courses this year, we will organize a festival to represent everything you have worked towards."
Students look at each other in amazement, as the direction speaks. After explaining about the other course he finally speaks about the musical/creative ones.
"As we have multiple music courses that we want to represent as much as possible, we decided to audition for the festival. In the end we will have a girl group, a boy group, 2 female soloist, 2 male soloist and one surprise artist, that we will announce when it's the showtime. That way everyone will be motivated to give their best. Let's all work together!"
I look around to find many unpleased faces. They all hate that not everyone will be able to show their talent..
Next he tells us that the auditions will start next week on monday. After that we are free to go.
_

"I don't know how to feel about that..", I agree with Liz on that. Why hype us up when not everyone will be able to show how talented they are?
"True, though you could be a part of the show with standing in the stage."
Confused we three look at Chan, who joined our conversation.
"By?"
"Producing and songwriting."
"That's true", Jiwoo agrees, looking around, probably looking for Changbin. I smile to myself. It makes me happy knowing how happy she is. Having a crush really is a nice thing, isn't it?
"You were calling me?", Minho basically pops up beside me, giving me a smirk.
"No. I wasn't. Anyways, are you all going to practice? I mean, competing against so many talented people will be difficult."
The other chuckle.
"I won't practice. At least not more than usual", Liz says, becoming many approving nods.
"Well, I will try my hardest to approve", the Australian boy adds to the conversation, seemingly determent to show his talent.
"I sure you'll do great."
Still talking we walk out of the school, where many people are already waiting for me and Minho to show up.
_

Exhausted I sit across my parents, as I tell them about the festival. Both seem interested.
"Are you going to participate?"
I take a second to think: "I guess I am going to the auditions, but I won't practice for it. I have enough attention on me after all.."
Feeling frustrated all over again I take a sip from my water, as both nod understanding.
"Maybe it will be a great experience?", I know my parents are trying to be hopeful, but it's not helping me at all..
"Let's just talk about something else.."
Slowly I take a bite if my food, hopeful they won't bring..
"How is Minho going?", That up..
"What about him?"
"He broke up with his girlfriend at our dinner. Is he doing okay?"
Oh he didn't even love her. All he did was use her to get with me.. maybe I should not day that.
"I think he has been doing alright", with a fake smile I look at them. Luckily they seem to buy it, as they tell me how glad they are he's alright and continue their meal.
_

'Are you sure about that Ma-Ri?' (Liz)

'I get it. I just hate competing against other people, you know..' (Me)

'But maybe people will recognize you for something else that way :)' (Liz)

'I don't want them to recognize me at all though ;)' (Me)

'You know that many would kill to have famous parents, right?' (Liz)

'And I wouldn't' (Me)

'I know haha' (Liz)
'Lets talk about something else..' (Liz)
'Like... Minho' (Liz)

'Why does everyone ask me about him?' (Me)

'Oh, who else asked?' (Liz)

'My parents.. they saw him breaking up with Sora and now they're worried about him..' (Me)

'lol' (Liz)
'Did you tell them the truth?' (Liz)

'Obviously not?' (Me)

'He did break up with Sora to be with you, right? And you two are already seen as a couple by the media, so why not try it?' (Liz)

'Are you serious? Do you know how many people he has hurt? Well, you obviously know' (Me)

'Maybe you will be different for him?' (Liz)

'But I just want him to leave me alone..' (Me)

'I don't think he will's (Liz)

'I know :c' (Me)

It's so frustrating..

'Just try to give him a chance' (Liz)

'Arw you into us as a couple are something??' (Me)

'🤫' (Liz)

'Gross..' (Me)
'Well. I am going to bad, you weirdo..' (Me)

'Sleep well Ma-Ri' (Liz)

Without answer I lay my phone on my nightstand. My mind goes back to Minho, as we stand together in that closet.. sometimes he seems so soft and vulnerable and I don't know how to deal with it.. something about it makes my heart beat a little faster and I hate it so much.. why are things turning out this way..?