The dead man named Elkins.

~ (Episode 20: Dead Man's Blood.) ~

We were sitting in a random cafe with Dean flipping through a newspaper, Sam on his laptop, and me eating this great burger.
Dean is flipping through a newspaper, Sam on his laptop.
"Well dude. Not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What have you got?" Dean suddenly asked as he folded his newspaper.
"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here. A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an areoplane and survived." Sam told.
"Sounds more 'That's Incredible', than Twilight Zone." Dean pointed out.
"Yeah."
"Hey, you know... we could just keep heading east. New York? Upstate? You could stop by and see Sarah again, huh?" Dean told as Sam partly ignored him. "She's a cool chick, man. Smoking. You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?"
"Yeah I dunno, maybe someday. In the meatime we got a lot of work to do Dean, you know that." Sam told.
"Yeah all right."
"We could visit your friend Ashley." I suggested making him smirk.
"Would love to but we can't at the moment. She's wanting to keep our relationship on the down-low and her roommates are asking too many questions about me."
"And that's bad?"
"Kinda. They don't know we were married." He revealed shocking us both.
"What?" We asked.
"Hm? Oh right you guys didn't know. Yeah we got married."
"You and Ashley were married?" Sam repeated making Dean nod.
"Yeah. We were drunk in Vegas when she was 21. But since I'm presumed dead, she's technically a widow since we didn't sign the papers."
"Did dad approve?"
"What else you got?" Dean asked to change the subject.
'It might be a sensitive subject for him.'
"Ahh, I man in Colorado, a local man named Daniel Elkins was found mauled in his home." He told making Dean get a shocked look.
"Elkins? I know that name." He told.
"Doesn't ring a bell." Sam stated.
"I don't remember ever hearing that.' I added as Dean spoke his name under his breath repeatedly.
"Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack and now they've found some signs of robbery." Sam read as Dean was flicking through their fathers journal.
"Mm-hmm." He hummed before hitting the page with his finger. "There, check it out."
"You think it's the same Elkins?" Sam asked as we both looked at it.
"It's a Colorado area code." He told.
Next thing that we knew, we were cruising down the road in the snow capped mountains, heading to the destination as quick as we could.

We made it to the cabin and the door creeped open as Sam put his lock picking kit away and Dean held the torch.
"Looks like the maid didn't come today." Dean joked as we looked at the mess.
"Hey there's salt over here, right beside the door." Sam pointed out while Dean looked at his journal and I was feeling a pull to another room.
'These psychic powers are getting stronger but also don't give me shit!'
"You mean protection against demon salt, or 'whoops I spilled the popcorn 'salt." Dean asked.
"It's clearly a ring. Do you think this guy Elkins was a player?"
"Definitely." He told before Sam joined him and I did the same, despite what it felt like I should do.
"That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's." Sam pointed out,
"Yep, except this dates back to the '60s."
As the two talked, I began to look around since it felt like we weren't alone here. But I wasn't sure what is was.
"Got something Kat?" Dean asked as he noticed how I was acting.
"Not sure. Feels off in this place." I admitted before looking towards the other room. "We need to go in there."
The three of us walked into the other room and shone our torches around all the destruction. Which included the hole in the roof.
"Whatever attacked him, it looks like there was more than one." Sam stated and I went over to a pile that was on the floor.
"Looks like he put up a hell of a fight too." Dean added.
"Yeah."
We looked around the room and I noticed a plan box.
'Strange.'
I opened it up to see that it used to store something, but nothing was there to really show me what it might have been.
'Well that's not weird.'
"You got something?" Sam asked making me look to see Dean was crouching near the ground.
"I dunno. Some scratches on the floor." He told making me get up and head over to where he was.
"Death throes maybe?" Sam suggested.
"Yeah, maybe." He told before getting a page from a notebook and placed it over the marks.
I gave him a pencil, allowing him to rub it over the paper, revealing an outline.
"Or maybe a message." He told before giving it to me and Sammy. "Look familiar?"
"Three letters, six digits. The location and combintion of a post office box. It's a mail drop." Sam told making me be impressed.
"Just the way Dad does it."
"Smart cookies." I told with a small smile.