The doctor called. He wants his body back.

We came running down the hallway towards Dean to see he was trying to get inside a room.
"What's going on?" Sam asked as we neared.
"She's inside with one of them."
"Help me!" She screamed.
"Kat!" Gavin exclaimed
"She's safe." Someone that I didn't recognise told.
"Get me outta here!"
"Kat, you are ok. You are safe!" I told through the door before Sam jumped in.
"Kat, it's not going to hurt you. Listen to me. You've got to face it. You've got to calm down."
"She's gotta what?!" Dean asked astonished at what we said as he turned to us.
"I have to what?!"
"You need to calm down!" I stated
"These spirits, they're not trying to hurt us, they're trying to communicate. You gotta face it. You gotta listen to it." He added
"You face it!"
"No! It's the only way to get out of there." He told only for her to not be listening.
"No!"
"Look at it, come on. You can do it."
"I believe in you Kat. Come on you can do it." I told making her go silent on the other side.
"Kat?" Gavin asked
"Man, I hope you're right about this." Dean stated.
"Yeah, me too."
"We're right. She won't get hurt by whatever ghost is in there." I stated.
We waited outside the door with a tense silence. We heard a click from the door before it slowly opened, and revealed Kat standing in the doorway.
"Oh, Kat." Gavin told once he saw her and went to her side.
Sam went in to check the room only to come back out shaking his head towards me and Dean.
"One thirty-seven." She told
"Sorry?" Dean questioned not understanding what she meant.
"It whispered in my ear. 137."
"Room number." The three of us told as we looked towards one another.
The three of us moved against the wall so the other two couldn't hear what we said.
"Alright. So if these spirits aren't trying to hurt anyone..." Sam began before Dean continued it.
"Then what are they trying to do?"
"What if they are trying to protect us from the same fate as them?" I asked making them look towards me.
"What do you mean?" Dean asked
"Well most people in mental asylum like this place, didn't stat out as being completely insane. It would be through the process of believing it and it will happen."
"How would that work?" Sam asked.
"An example of it would be the Dancing Plague of 1518, that happened in Strasbourg, Alsace in the Holy Roman Empire during July. It started with Frau Troffea dancing in the streets and from there more and more people joined, consumed with the plague. That's kinda like mental asylums. Except since medicine and what not were still being explored and no one truely knew what was the best solution for it yet they would use devices that was basically torture and more times then none makes it worse. They could be trying to warn us and help us stop what's actually causing the harm."
"Maybe that's what they've been trying to tell us..." Sam told making Dean nod.
"I guess we'll find out."
"Alright." Sam told before we looked back at the other two.
"So, now, are you guys ready to leave this place?" Dean asked
"That's an understatement." Kat stated making him nod.
"Okay." He told before talking to Sam. "You get them outta here. I'm going to go find room 137."
"You mean we." I told
"Kat...."
"I'm not allowing you to go looking without backup. Don't be so stupid." I told making him let out a sigh.
"Come on then." He told before we all separated.

We kept moving down the hallway when I began to hear more voices. I grabbed ahold of Deans hand making him give it a light squeeze.
"I'm here Kat."
"I know. I'm just hearing more voices and I have an uneasy feeling."
"I've got you." He told as we continued down the hallway.
He shined the torch he has on a room to show 137, making him let go of my hand and push against the door, using his weight to push side anything in the room that blocked the door. Once we looked in we saw the room was complete mess, with filing cabinets pushed over, papers everywhere around the room and the walls stained from age. He shined the torch around the room before flicking through some folders that were lying in a cabinet before he kept looking around and I finally remembered the book I was thinking of.
"In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting!"
"What?"
"That's the story I was trying to think of. In it this family moves into an old funeral home."
"Spooky." He joked as he continued looking around.
"But remember how they said they couldn't find the doctors body or many others."
"Yeah?"
"Well in the story, they find out that there were bodies in the walls. What if they hid him in the walls as well." I stated making him look towards me with his signature smile.
"That Kat. Is why you are my favourite."
"I do try."

We continued to Sears the room when Dean found a loose panel in the wall. I gave him the crowbar to help him pry it off, revealing a satchel full of papers once he got it off.
"This is why I get paid the big bucks." He told making me chuckle.
"We don't get paid for this though, it's why you do credit card frauds." I stated making him roll his eyes. We looked into the bag more and discovered a journal with many notes and hand-drawn pictures of medical instruments like the one I had found earlier.
"Dean, that one looks like the one I found."
"It does. Come on we got some reading to do." He told before he pulled up a chair so he could start reading.
I went to go find a chair for myself only for Dean to pull me down into his lap.
'If it works, it works.'
We read through it and we both looked on concerned at what we were learning.
"Well all work and no play makes Dr. Ellicott a very dull boy." He told before a noise happened making us look up quickly.
'This might not be so good.'