Dracula is real?

Dean opened the post office box while the two of stayed at his side. The only thing that was revealed when it was opened was a letter, making us give each other a confused look.

"'J.W.' You think? John Winchester?" Sam asked as we sat in Baby.
"I don't know. Should we open it?" Dean questioned since we weren't sure what to do.
"Who's there?" I asked before there was a knock at the window making me jump despite hearing the person think about knocking.
Dean reared back automatically as he raised his arm with his fist clenched. To our surprise and shock, John Winchester was standing there. He began to smile when he saw we were shocked before openeing the back door.
"Dad?" Dean questioned as their father climbed in.
"Dad what are you doing here? Are you all right?" Sam asked making him give a nod.
"Yeah, I'm ok. I read the news about Daniel, I got here as fast as I could. I saw you three at his place." He explained.
"You were the person I sensed! Thank god it was you and not some demon." I pointed out.
"Why didn't you come in Dad?" Sam softly asked.
"You know why. Because I had to make sure you weren't followed...by anyone or anything. Nice job covering your tracks by the way." He told and I could see Dean was looking a little proud at that.
"Yeah, well, we learned from the best."
"Wait, you came all the way out here for this Elkins guy?" Sam asked.
'Should I be here for this?'
"Yeah. He was...he was a good man. He taught me a hell of a lot about hunting." He informed confusing the boys.
"Well you never mentioned him to us." Sam pointed out.
"We had a...we had kind of a falling out. I hadn't seen him in years." He admitted.
"I'm sorry your friends dead." I told making him give me a small smile before he gestured to the envelope.
"I should look at that." He told before taking it and opening it."'If you're reading this, I'm already dead'...that son of a bitch."
"What is it?" Me and Dean asked since it seemed important.
"He had it the whole time."
"Dad what?" Sam asked due to us not getting answers.
"When you searched the place, did you see a gun. An old revolver, an antique, did you see it?" He questioned still not giving us clear answers.
"Ah, there was an old case but it was empty." Dean told.
"They have it."
"Have what?" I asked only for it to go unanswered.
"You mean whatever kill Elkins?" Dean asked as their father began to get out of Baby.
"We gotta pick up the trail." He told.
"Wait. You want us to come with you?" Sam asked since last time we saw him we couldn't do exactly that.
"If Elkins was telling the truth we gotta find this gun."
"The gun, why?"
"Because it's important that's why."
"Dad, we don't even know what these things are yet." Sam pointed out.
"They were what Daniel Elkins kill best: Vampires." John stated confusing us.
"Vampires exist?!" I questioned.
"Vampires? I thought there was no such thing." Dean pointed out.
"You never even mentioned them Dad."
"I thought they were extinct. I thought Elkins and others had wiped them out. I was wrong." He explained.
'How do we deal with Vampires?'
"Most vampire law is crap. A cross won't repel them, sunlight won't kill them and neither will a stake to the heart. But the bloodlust, that's true. They need fresh human blood to survive. They were once people, so you won't know it's a vampire until it's too late." He explained so we would know what to expect with it.
"Was there any in Pensilvania when we met Ash?" Dean asked.
"Not that I'm aware."
"Alright." He told before John left to go to his car.
"Why?" Me and Sam asked.
"Ash said she'd give me 200 if vampires ever existed, and I told her I'd give her 200 if there was ever one in Pensilvania cause she joked saying that's why she moved there."
"You are a strange pair." I pointed out making him smirk.
"Hell yeah."
"Dad actually knows Ash?"
"Of course he knows. He also knows about us being married."
"What about the drunk part?"
"We don't tell him that one." He told before we headed off.

(Third p.o.v)

Sam, Dean and Kat were peacefully sleeping in a motel room while John was listening to the radio.
"Unit 22 let me confirm. Mile marker 41,abandoned car. You need a workup?" The Dispatcher told.
"Copy that. Possible 207. Better get forensics out here."
John put the radio down before jumping to his feet and grabbing his jacket. He slapped Sam and Deans feat as he called their names but couldn't reach Kats.
"Sam, Dean, Kat, let's go." He told making the boys sit up immediately, while Kat let out a groan.
"Mm-hmm." Dean hummed while he was still half asleep and rubbed his eyes to try and speed up the process
"I picked up a police call." He told them.
"What happened?" Sam asked.
"A couple called 911, found a body in the street. Cops got there everyone was missing. It's the vampires." He explained making Sam get off of the bed.
"How do you know?" Sam asked as John was leaving.
"Just follow me, ok?" He told before shutting the door.
Sam walked across the room, putting his jacket on to do as their father ordered.
"Huh, vampires. Get's funnier every time I hear it." Dean told before waking Kat up. "Come on Princess. We gotta go."
"I like helping save people, but I do wish we could sleep over time." She told before she sat up, making the boys chuckle.

(Kat p.o.v)

The three of us were waiting at Baby while John talked to the cop on the scene since he didn't want us with him for it. Once he was done he began to head back to us, which made Sam speak up.
"I don't see why we couldn't have gone over with him." Sam sulked.
"Oh don't tell me it's already starting." Dean told confusing me.
"What's starting?"
"I would also like to know. Unless it's a fight, I hate fights." I pointed out before John stood in front of us.
"What have you got?" Dean asked their father.
"It was them all right. Looks like they're heading west. We'll have to double back to get around that detour." He informed us.
"How can you be so sure?" Sam questioned.
"Sam..." Dean began before Sam cut him off.
"I just wanna know we're going in the right direction." He sharply told.
"We are." John told.
"How do you know?" Sam asked only to be ignored as John handed something to Dean.
"I found this."
"Its a...a vampire fang." Dean stated.
"Nifty."
"Not fangs, teeth. The second set decends when they attack." John explained before looking towards Sam. "Any more questions?"
Sam didn't respond and instead looked away from their father, like he had lost a battle that they weren't fighting.
"All right, let's get out of here, we're losing daylight." John told before we headed towards our respective cars when John spoke up again. "Hey Dean why don't you touch up your car before you get rust? I wouldn't have given you the damn thing if I thought you were going to ruin it."
The three of us froze to our spots when he said that to Dean. He looked down at his car and Sam looked at his brother with a 'told you so' look, causing Dean to grimace at the whole thing.
'Now I know why River thinks their father is a prick. Cause he is.'