Is this normal?

~( Episode 9 : Home)~

I was sitting at the table in the motel room Dean got for us all as we both went over things. I had my legs resting on Deans lap since they were becoming stiff and he didn't mind.
"You know, you've adapted to this life very well." Dean quietly told so he didn't wake Sam.
"Thank you. Maybe it's cause I'm so amazing." I joked making us both chuckle.
"Why don't you take a nap?"
"Not tired yet. It's all good."
"If you say so." He told as he rested one of his hands on my legs before we continued looking.
After a few moments Sam sprung awake making me look at him with a worried look.
"Is that normal?"
"Sometimes." Dean told quickly.
'Right.'
Soon Sam began to draw something and I realised Dean hadn't seen what was happening with Sam.
'Peculiar.'
"Alright. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali... its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilation in West Texas." Dean told before seeing Sam wasn't paying attention. "Hey."
I flicked a paper triangle to Sam making him look up from his drawing and over to us.
"Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?" Dean asked
"No. I'm listening, keep going." He told before going back to his drawing. "Why do I know this tree?"
'His lips didn't move again.... why do I keep hearing things that aren't actually said?'
"And here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean told before waving his hand to get Sams attention. "Any of these things blowing' up your skirt?"
"I think both of you could rock skirts." I told making Dean look back at me with a smirk.
"Really?"
"You both have got the legs for it." I stated mirroring his smirk.
"Wait I've seen this." Sam told before getting up and heading to his duffel bag.
"Seen what?" Dean asked
"Ok I'm really confused." I told as I stole some of Deans drink.
"What are you doing?" Dean asked as Sam grabbed a picture from the bag.
"Dean, I know where we have to go next."
"Where?" We both asked
"Back home... back to Kansas."
"You guys were born in Kansas.... fitting."
"Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" Dean asked as Sam gave us the picture he had grabbed.
"Alright, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where mum died?"
'Their mother died?'
"Yeah."
"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean not completely. They rebuilt it, right?"
"You know your saying a lot of right, right?" I asked
"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin' about?"
"This is going to sound crazy. But, the people who live in our old house... they might be in danger."
"Why would you think that?"
"Did you have a dream that made you think that?" I asked
"Um... it's just, um...look, just trust me on this, ok."
"Ok." I said before Dean quickly cut in.
"Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?" Dean asked as he got up and I followed.
"Yeah."
"Come on man, that's weak. You gotta five me more then that."
"I can't really explain it at all. I mean Kat trusts me."
"Kat is Kat."
"What's that meant to mean?" I asked
"Nothin' bad sweet cheeks. You just trust us very easily." He told
"But if he can't explain it, isn't that enough?" I asked
"Not for me."
"Dean..." Sam began only to get cut off.
"Well tough. I'm not goin' anywhere until you do."
"I have these nightmares."
"I've noticed." He told as he gave a nod.
"Well these nightmares, sometimes... they come true." Sam admitted.
'Premonitions? Why would Sam be having them?'
"Come again?"
"Look, Dean... I dreamt about Jessica's death... for days before it happened."
'I feel bad for them.... I didn't know they lost people.'
"Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." Dean told
"No, I dreamt about blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything. And I didn't do anything about it 'cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started, man, this has to mean something, right?"
"This feels like something I shouldn't be hearing. I'm just gonna wait outside." I told before leaving the room.
I found a clean spot next to the door and sat down.
'This is troublesome. Also it's cold out here.... I should have grabbed a jacket, but oh well. I'll just huddle for warmth.'
After however long, the door to the motel room opened and Dean came out.
"Jesus Kat, it's cold out here."
"I managed. Are we going?"
"Yeah we are. Come on." He told as he offered me his hand to pick him up.
"I get to see where you two grew up? Awesome." I told making Dean chuckle.
"Never change Kat."

I was sitting between Sam and Dean in the front since there was enough room for the three of us to sit.
'I feel safe.'
"You good Kat?" Dean asked as he rested his arm over my shoulders.
"Yes. I feel very safe and comfy here." I told making both of them smile.
"Remember, if the police show up jump onto the back quickly." Sam told making me nod.
"Be like lightning." I told making them chuckle.
I looked out the window and saw the house that was from the picture that Sam showed.
'So peculiar.'
"You gonna be alright, man?" Sam asked
"Let me get back to you on that." Dean told before we got out and headed to the door.
Dean knocked on the door once we got there and when it opened I could tell Sam was shocked that the lady was the one to open it.
'Might be the girl from his dreams.'
"Yes?" She asked
"Sorry to bother you ma'am, but we are from the Federal...." Dean began only for Sam to cut him off.
"I'm Sam Winchester, and this is my brother Dean Winchester, and our friend Kat Miller. Dean and I used to live here. We were just driving by, and we were wondering if we could see the old place." He told making the woman look at us.
"Winchester. Yeah, that's so funny. You know, I think I found some of your photos the other night."
"You did?" Dean asked surprised by that fact.
"Baby Winchesters." I whispered to myself making Dean chuckle.
"Come on in." She told as she moved out of the way so we could come in.
We walked in and made our way to the kitchen to see a jumping toddler boy.
'Offspring.'
"Juice! Juice! Juice! Juice!" He chanted as he jumped in time with it.
"Addiction is a real issue." I told Dean making him smile as he put his arm over my shoulders.
"That's Ritchie. He's kind of a juice junkie." She told as she came and gave him the sippy cup. "But, hey, at least he won't get scurvy."
"What is he, a pirate?" Dean whispered to me making me smile more.
"Sari, this is Sam, Dean and Kat. Sam and Dean used to live here." She told the girl doing homework.
"Hi." Sari told
"Hey Sari." Sam said as he gave a small wave.
"So, you just moved in?" Dean asked
"Yeah, from Wichita."
"Nice place you picked."
"You got family here or...." Sam began only for her to shake her head.
"No. I just, uh... needed a fresh start, that's all. So, new town, new job... I mean, as soon as I find one."
"So, how you likin' it so far?"
"Well, uh, all due respect to your childhood home... I mean, I'm sure you had lots of happy memories here."
I saw Dean gave a weak smile making me think.
'Poor Dean. Must be hard being in the house your mother dies in..... oh shit mum still thinks I'm in Uni.'
"But this place has it's issues." She told
"What do you mean?"
"Well, it's just getting old. Like the wiring, you know. We've got flickering lights almost hourly."
'Another ghost. Man I'm still sore from the first one.'
"Oh, that's too bad. What else?" Dean asked
"Um... sink's backed up, there are rats in the basement. I'm sorry. I don't mean to complain."
"No. Have you seen any rats or have you just heard scratching?" Sam asked
"It's just scratching, actually."
"Mum?" Sari called out making her crouch down next to her. "Ask them if it was here when they lived here."
"What, Sari?" Sam asked
"The thing in my closet." She told
"Oh no, baby, there was nothing in their closets." She told before looking towards us "right?"
"Right."
"Right. No, no, of course not." Dean added
"She had a nightmare the other night."
"You know what I used to do when I had a nightmare." I told as I kneeled down in front of her. "I would grab my teddy bear and give it a big ol' hug, and tell myself 'dream dream go away, come again another day. For if you stay, Teddy will slay.' And the bad dreams would go away."
"Did it work?"
"All the time."
"But I wasn't dreaming. It came into my bedroom, and it was on fire." She told
'On fire?'
"Well, thank you for your time. Sorry about the difficulties." Dean told making me stand up and follow them outside.
Once the door was shut behind up I gave them a confused look.
"You hear that? A figure on fire." Sam told as we walked to the Impala.
"And that woman, Jenny, that was a woman in your dreams?" Dean asked
"Yeah. And you hear what she was talking about? Scratching, flickering lights, both signs of a malevolent spirit." Sam told
"Yeah, well, I'm just freaked out that your weirdo visions are coming true."
"The better word for that is Premonitions."
"Why do you know that?" Dean asked
"I read. I may be smoking hot but I do actually have a brain."
"Forget about that for a minute." Sam told making us refocus. "The thing in the house, do you think it's the thing that killed mum and Jessica?"
"I don't know!" Dean exclaimed.
'I don't feel like I should be here for this.'
"Well, I mean, has it come back or has it been here this whole time?" Sam asked
"Or maybe it's something else entirely Sam. We don't know yet." He told
"Shouldn't we help though?" I asked
"Kats right. Those people are in danger, Dean. We have to get 'em out of that house."
"And we will."
"No I mean now."
"And how you gonna do that, huh? You got a story that she's gonna believe?"
"Then what are we supposed to do?" Sam asked
"Make a plan?" I suggested.
'Oh boy this life is strange.'