The rich people at the auction.

~ (Episode 19: Provenance) ~

(Kat p.o.v)

"What's happening now?" Sam asked while Dean was talking to some young lady's at the bar.
I looked up to see if I could get anything only for it to flicker a little.
"Not sure. It just flickers." I informed making him give a nod.
We soon found something, making Sam gesture to Dean only for him to get the 'wait' gesture as he laughed at something the woman whispered to him. Sam gestures again with me joining, causing Dean's smile to drop. He said something to the woman before heading over to us as he held three beers for us.
"All right, I think we got something." Sam told causing Dean to glance back at the bar.
"Oh yeah, me too. I think we need to take a little shore leave, just a little bit. What do you think, huh? I'm so in the door with this one." He told making me shake my head.
"So what are we today Dean? I mean, are we rock stars, are we army rangers?" Sam questioned.
"I'm thinking, something like fbi related." I added as Dean grinned at us.
"Reality TV scouts, looking for people with special skills. I mean hey, it's not that far off right? By the way, she's got a friend over there. Possibly hook you up. What do you think?" He asked mostly to Sam.
"Dean, no thanks, I can get my own dates." Sam told.
"Yeah you can but you don't."
"What is that supposed to mean?" Sam asked in self defence.
"Nothing. What you got?"
"Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York were both found dead in their own home, a few days ago. Throats were slit. There were no prints, no murder weapons, all..." Sam explained till he saw Dean was distracted since he was continuing to check out the women at the bar. "Dean!... No prints, no murder weapons, all doors and window locked from the inside."
"No way in and it shows no one went out, alive at least." I added as he drank his beer.
"Could just be a garden variety murder you know, not our department." He stated.
"No. Dad says different." Sam told.
"What do you mean?" He asked, making Sam point at the map we had.
"Dad noted three murder in the same area of upstate New York." Sam told before I jumped in.
"First one here in 1912, second one right here in 1945, and the third in 1970, the Same M.O. as the Telescas." I informed before Sam took over again.
"Their throats were slit, doors were locked from the inside. Now so much time had passed between murder that nobody checked the pattern, except Dad. He kept his eyes peeled for another one."
"And now we got one. All right, I'm with ya. It's worth checking out. We can't pick this up til first thing though right?" He asked.
"Yeah." We both told making him head back to the bar.
"Good."
"Dean..." Sam began only to stop when Dean went out of reach.
We watched on as he lied to them making me shake my head as Sam suppressed a laugh.
"He better stay at their place or I'm getting my own room for tonight." I admitted making Sam laugh.

Since Dean was tired from his adventure last night, left me and Sam to check the house. Which was its own confusing mess. Once we were done we headed back to Baby to see Dean slouching in the passenger seat of Baby with his sunglasses on. We quickly made our way to the drivers side and I pulled my phone out to record as Sam leaned in and honked the horn. When he did, Dean jumped a foot into the air from shock while me and Sam laughed as we climbed in.
"Man, that is so not cool." He told as he adjusted his sunglasses.
"We just swept the Telescas with EMF. It's clean. And last night, while you were...well...out..." Sam told causing Dean to smirk.
"Good times."
"I checked the history of the house. Nothing strange about the Telescas." Sam told.
"All right, so if it's not the people and it's not the house, then maybe it's the contents. Cursed object or something." Dean pointed out.
"The house is clean." We both told as one.
"Yeah I know, you said that."
"No, I mean it's empty. No furniture, nothing." Sam told before I jumped in.
"Like, the way a house looks before you move in, empty."
"Where's all their stuff?" He questioned.

We wandered around the auction house and I could tell we were looking very outta place. One man was watching us before he began to walk towards us while Dean was mostly focusing on the finger food tray.
'Oh dear.'
"Consignment auctions, estate sales. Looks like a garage sale for Wasps if you ask me." Dean stated as I grabbed some of the food with him, before we had someone speak to us.
"Can I help you gentlemen and lady?" He asked making us turn to look at him.
Dean looked him up and down before putting more food into his mouth.
"I'd like some champagne please." Dean told putting on a posh voice.
"He's not a waiter." Sam told as I let out a sigh and Dean cocked an eyebrow towards his brother while Sam held out his hand for the man. "I'm Sam Connors."
The man just looked at us not moving, and Sam moved his hand that he was holding out to point to me and Dean.
"That's my brother Dean and our friend Katie. We're art dealers, with Connors Limited." Sam explained and I gave a wave.
"You. Are...art dealers?" He questioned not believe it.
"That's right."
"I'm Daniel Blake, this is my auction house. Now gentlemen this is a private showing, and I don't remember seeing you on the guest list." He pointed out.
"We're there Chuckles, you just need to take another look." Dean told before a waiter went past making Dean swipe a glass for me and him. "Oh. Finally."
He passed me my glass and cheered with me, before he turned back to look at Blake and sniffed his glass, he raised his eyebrows towards him before turning away and began to walk, making sure I stayed close to him. Sam quickly followed and shot Dean a dirty look from how he is acting. We began to check out the items for the auction and were drawn to the painting of the family. I carefully touched the edge of the frame to see all the deaths from all the past years making me pull back and give a shocked look.
"A fine example of American Primitive wouldn't you say?" A female told making us turn to see a sleek, classy and good looking young woman in a black dress coming down the spiral staircase. I looked at the boys to see they were staring at her as she turned her back while taking the final part of the stairs.
'Of course.'
Sam turned to look at the painting again while Dean was still oogling, he even slapped Sam on the back and continued staring.
"Well I'd say it's more Grant Wood than Grandma Moses. But you knew that, you just wanted to see if I did." Sam told to the girl.
"Guilty. And clumsy. I apologize. I'm Sarah Blake." She told introducing herself.
"I'm Sam. This is my...brother, Dean." Sam told as he saw Dean stuffing his face from a passing tray and I was also grabbing some food.
"Dean. Can we get you some more mini-quiche?" Sarah asked.
"I'm good, thanks." Dean told while he was chewing making me bow my head in disbelief.
"And our friend Katie but she prefers Kat."
"How you do?" I told with a small smile and wave.
"So, can I help you with something?" She asked.
"Yeah, actually. What can you tell us about the Telesca estate?" Sam asked.
"The whole thing's pretty grisly if you ask me, selling your things this soon. But Dad's right about one thing, sensationalism brings out the crowds. Even the rich ones."
"Is it possible to see the provenances?" He asked before mr. Blake came up to us again.
"I'm afraid there isn't any chance of that." He told.
"Why not?" Sam questioned.
"You're not on the guest list. And I think it's time to leave." He told.
"Well we don't have to be told twice." Dean told in his posh accent again.
"Apparently you do."
"Okay. It's all right. We don't want any trouble. We'll go." Sam told making Dean raise his eyebrows before walking off making me follow, and Sam took a few more seconds before he followed us as well.