69.

When Preeta was four-months pregnant.

________

A smile curved her heart-shaped lips as she read the article that was headed as Pregnancy stars.

"People look at your big belly and give that enchantingly beautiful smile that builds up your spirit and makes you wonder if that little glance on your stomach just made their day?"

The words swelled her heart and she sighed dreamily. Reading another line mentally, she shifted more on the bed and made herself comfortable on the pillow.

"Now, it will matter more to you about what you eat since you need to keep that magic growing inside you healthy and proper," she nodded to herself and looked at the door, watching her husband walking in.

"The attention you get from everyone. Your husband gives you sensual massages and those cheeky foot rubs, co-workers gives you that energising greetings and neighbours offer to help and you become the star of the family," she smiled amusingly and that amusement turned into shyness when she saw her husband sitting on the bed and leaning for a kiss.

Preeta smiled and give in to him easily, wrapping her arms around his neck, giving him a bonus kiss on cheek.

Karan pulled back and hummed softly. "How's our baby bear?" He said while palming her four-months-pregnant belly making her smile shyly.

"He's squirming a lot, today." She said while looking at her belly.

Karan grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "Already in action," he said and caressed her skin. "He will do more, since he has now started doing it."

Preeta smiled faintly and looked back at the book. "What are you reading?" asked Karan while loosening his tie.

She excitedly folded the section of the book and looked at him. "Some benefits, you know. How I can stop traffic now? How mummy loves me more than you," she shrugged her shoulders in fake arrogance. "Also, my skin is getting fine day by day. And I get to eat more ice-cream and chocolates."

Karan rolled his eyes and gave her a teasing smile. "Is it mentioned how wives ask for sex everyday? How mine craves me more?" He teased.

Preeta blushed furiously and fake glared at him. "It is also mentioned that husbands should be very thoughtful. They should be pouring compliments, gifts and lots of things to eat. Moreover, they should already be titled as good father."

Karan's jaw dropped as he narrowed his eyes. "Hey! I am already a good father. I talk to my little bear every day."

". . . to only make naughty jokes which directly ends up on mummy bear," she murmured while putting the book away. "You will be such a naughty father," she taunted.

Karan's mouth opened in offense. "I will be a cool one. The baby's going to be totally like me and would love me more."

Preeta wiped her face and shook her head. "If that makes you happy. . ." she muttered tauntingly.

"Yes, it would. Did I mention I am an awesome husband too?"

"Sure, you are." Preeta groaned as she felt butterflies in her stomach. "He's moving again. I can feel it," she giggled but ended up smiling at him nervously. "It makes me nervous if he's even fine in there."

Karan smiled while laughing. "You are such a baby."

Preeta pouted while looking at him. She narrowed her eyes when he started smiling mischievously.

Karan got up and walked back to the table and that's when Preeta noticed that there was a tray with two plates on it. She bit her lip as he sang,"I am a naughty father, a naughty husband. Who says?"

She watched him smiling goofily as he sat in front of her again and put the tray in between them on the bed. Her eyes widened in excitement.

"Oh my God. I had forgotten about it," she squealed while picking her plate on which was lying a big slice of chocolate cake that she asked for on the phone call to him.

"I am naughty. Who says," Karan grinned while Preeta pouted.

"No one says," she tried to take it from him.

"I am the best husband. Who says," he shouted while laughing.

"I say. Now, Karan please." She moaned.

Karan chuckled and finally gave her the plate. But before she could even held the spoon, he picked it and put a big chunk into her mouth.

Preeta moaned while closing her eyes. "I really needed this. I can kiss the man who made this," she murmured.

Karan opened his mouth in shock. "Wait. What? I am the best husband and who gets the kiss? The baker?"

Preeta laughed while nodding tauntingly. "Yes, definitely. It's delicious." But suddenly, she winced, as she shifted on the bed and rubbed her belly. "Again," she breathed out.

Karan snickered,"See. My baby too doesn't agree."

Preeta shook her head while smiling. "You are such a baby."

"You are."

"You are," she muttered back while taking another slice.

"You are my baby," he teased while taking another spoon.

"And you are mine," she giggled but pulled the plate away from him. "But I won't share my cake."

Karan chuckled and leaned back. Putting his hands back on the bed, he watched as she excitedly enjoyed the cake. He chuckled again when she started licking the spoon.

"Now, where's my sugar?" He asked while giving her a smirk.

Preeta blushed and put the plates away. She smiled smugly and gave him a flying kiss. "In the air."

Karan shook his head and leaned towards her, bringing his face closer to hers.

"I won't let even the air have that share. That is what, fair."

He pecked her lips making her giggle. Placing his hand on her thigh, he caressed it slowly.

"It's not my fault. I just don't share."

_________